Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 13, 2015 - 10:43 PM   
 By:   unamochilla2   (Member)

What? The film Pocahontas might have a lot of flaws, but they aren't artistic ones. It looks gorgeous and IMO it is Alan Menkens BEST animated score...even better than Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and Hunchback! See the movie again and listen intently to the music. This may be the best Legacy Collection title yet!

Yavar

I agree it's among Menken's best. "Farewell," for instance, is an amazing cue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EHCOJ8g_9Q

I'm very excited for this release and I expect it will be expanded. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Posted:   May 13, 2015 - 10:45 PM   
 By:   unamochilla2   (Member)

"Pocahontas" is very welcome but please, release "Mulan"!! big grin

Hopefully in 2018!

Posted:   May 15, 2015 - 8:08 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

What? The film Pocahontas might have a lot of flaws, but they aren't artistic ones. It looks gorgeous and IMO it is Alan Menkens BEST animated score...even better than Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and Hunchback! See the movie again and listen intently to the music. This may be the best Legacy Collection title yet!

Yavar

Really dislike the film, but the score is wonderful. Not sure I would say it's his best, (BATB I think still holds the crown) but it's damn solid, and I'm looking forward to the Legacy release.