Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jan 7, 2014 - 6:57 PM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

I have had this score for awhile and pull it out quite often to give a listen. While it played today, I realized why! Damn it is beautiful and lifts my spirits! Holdridge is amazing.

Posted:   Jan 7, 2014 - 9:37 PM   
 By:   Turbo   (Member)

I agree, this is a very good score. As far as I'm concerned, everything I've heard of his is made of gold.

I wish I was aware of the score community when some of the limited releases were initially released from Intrada. Fortunately, I haven't missed one of his releases in several years.

Posted:   Jan 7, 2014 - 10:44 PM   
 By:   Freejack   (Member)

One of my favourite Intrada releases ever.

Posted:   Jan 8, 2014 - 6:09 AM   
 By:   RedOkt64 2.0   (Member)

One of my favourite Intrada releases ever.

Mine too. I had written to them about how much I loved the score... Doug emailed back with even more love and admiration of it.

Posted:   Jan 8, 2014 - 6:42 AM   
 By:   mark ford   (Member)

When I listened to the clips for this on Intrada's website I was totally riveted by what I heard. Up until this point I was almost totally unfamiliar with Lee's music except for his Beauty and the Beast theme, which I've always adored. Well after listening to the whole score of In Seach of Peace I started delving into his music and he has since become one of my favorite film composers to the point we exchange FB messages from time to time. This is a truly exceptional score with so much depth, beauty and emotional resonance.

Posted:   Jan 8, 2014 - 7:05 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

Could people please post in this thread please !!! wink

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=4&threadID=63965&archive=0

Just kidding, re the now playing thread smile

Posted:   Jan 8, 2014 - 7:21 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

A wonderful score indeed.