Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 19, 2019 - 10:34 PM   
 By:   WillGoldNewtonBarryGrusin   (Member)

I'm excited to hear this new score and any new thematic material that comes out of it. Trying to argue over opinions about whether a movie is good or not is as pointless as arguing with people over a new Game of Thrones episode. Enjoy what you enjoy and let others have their criticisms.

Posted:   May 21, 2019 - 11:15 AM   
 By:   LeHah   (Member)

My feelings on the current crop aside, I am always in the market for new John Williams music and that goes double for new John Williams Star Wars

Posted:   May 21, 2019 - 11:25 AM   
 By:   Nicholas_DW   (Member)

the forced diversity

Anyone using that phrase instantly loses all credibility. Diversity exists. Period. If you're of the mindset that it has to be justified in some way, the problem is you. I always found it absurd that there were only two people of color playing humans in the original trilogy. What's more absurd is that people are railing against the new movies since they've begun to remedy that.

If a movie incorporating people of color counts as a negative for the movie, you're the problem.

Posted:   May 22, 2019 - 7:39 AM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

NEW Vanity Fair article about the film & score:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/star-wars-cover-story

It includes this photo, which is either a shot from the Force Awakens recording sessions with the shot of Leia from the trailer of TROS photoshopped in, or from a new session for some sort of Leia tribute video