Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Aug 19, 2013 - 3:02 PM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

I did not see much in the archives about this score so I am a bit reluctant to bring it up. A friend loaned me a copy this weekend and I just finished listening to it.

I have not seen the movie nor had I heard the score before. I enjoyed it immensely and will be purchasing it.

It is interesting to find out that some people you see frequently may share the same likes as you but it takes years to find out these commonalities.

Posted:   Aug 19, 2013 - 5:42 PM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

I am with you on this score, top notch, saw it a few years ago on cable. Would like a cd of it.

Posted:   Aug 19, 2013 - 5:47 PM   
 By:   mastadge   (Member)

Is that the one written by Badelt and conducted by Valery Gergiev? I liked it but didn't love it and wonder whether or to what extent it benefited from being conducted by an excellent classical conductor. Did he bring a classical touch (or an extra touch of class) to the music, or would it have sounded much the same conducted by, say, Nick Glennie-Smith?

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 6:07 AM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

Nice score to a good film. But I never cared to pick up the CD...

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 6:12 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

It is a pretty dreadfully boring film to me, leaden pacing, overly somber, not that interesting. It could have been much better. This is low on the rank of sub movies to me.But if you enjoy watching Ford smoldering in anger and angst for 2 hours, it is your picture.

Posted:   Aug 23, 2013 - 6:30 PM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

I'm actually in this movie.