Film Score Monthly
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 8, 2015 - 9:46 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

When is the next series? New year 3 episodes again or is it just an xmas special? I forget?

Posted:   Jul 8, 2015 - 10:10 AM   
 By:   CinemaScope   (Member)

I think I read somewhere they're doing a one-off period episode (that's back in the right time, nothing to do with er, woman's things!). I wonder if that's the Christmas special. A stylish show, that for me has been let down by plot holes & lapses in logic, so I hope they tighten up the plotting.

Posted:   Jul 8, 2015 - 11:19 AM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

It's just a special. I believe filming begins on series 4, Spring 2016.

Posted:   Jul 8, 2015 - 3:11 PM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Thanks for clearing that up cinemascope and john.

Typical, one of the few bright things on tv and they cant wait to drip feed it to us with effectively 3 episodes every two years.

Funny how they can produce hundreds of programmes of total shit and do a season or two seasons a year of 12 or more episodes.

Does it eally take that long to put together something out of the ordinary?
Three poxy episodes every two years ? Hardly worth doing!

Posted:   Jul 9, 2015 - 7:56 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Yeah...well, I kinda thought the two dudes playing classical guitar renditions of SHERLOCK themes was kinda cool, too.

Posted:   Jul 10, 2015 - 5:27 AM   

Posted:   Jul 10, 2015 - 5:31 AM   

Posted:   Jul 10, 2015 - 7:55 PM   

Big news for Sherlock fans – the upcoming special – set in Victorian Times will be shown in cinemas first.

Stephen Moffat said so at the Sherlock panel at San Diego Comic Con (he was a busy man yesterday!)

From the BBC:

A special one-off episode of Sherlock will be shown in cinemas around the world, co-creator Steven Moffat announces at Comic-Con. Speaking at Comic-Con in San Diego, he told thousands of fans of the TV show the story, set in Victorian England, would also be seen “on the big screen”. The Victorian-era Christmas special will also play in select theaters in the U.S. this December, showrunner Steven Moffat revealed. Details will be announced in due course.