Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 5, 2015 - 10:08 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

No drinking today, I think. I had my own "private party" with me and myself yesterday after a rather emotional funeral on Friday. So if I am to function relatively normal tomorrow, I have to jump off the wagon. But a drink like the one you describe sounds great, Jim -- would suit this unusual heat here in Oslo.

Posted:   Jul 5, 2015 - 10:15 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

No drinking today, I think. I had my own "private party" with me and myself yesterday after a rather emotional funeral on Friday. So if I am to function relatively normal tomorrow, I have to jump off the wagon. But a drink like the one you describe sounds great, Jim -- would suit this unusual heat here in Oslo.

My best to you at what is obviously a tough time. My wife is having surgery this Wednesday but we're being as festive as we can this Independence Day weekend.

The drink is a string one, but also bracing, tart, and crisp. Hemingway knew what he was doing. wink

Posted:   Jul 12, 2015 - 10:54 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

With my wife doing well after surgery, I am in the mood to quietly celebrate her return and recovery with a Hemingway Daiquiri aka Papa Doble, as mentioned previously in this thread most fine. It's hot as Hades here in South Florida and this potent, ice-cold drink is great for that. Cheers to what's left of of our health.

Speaking of Hemingway...

Posted:   Jul 14, 2015 - 3:34 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

In a few hours, I'm off to a local music festival here in my hometown in the south of Norway. The headliner tonight is Röyksopp, the Norwegian electronica duo which should be familiar to at least some of you. Should drink plenty of beers in advance, though, because the booze is always insanely expensive at this places (Norway is expensive to begin with, but when you add festival monopoly on top of that, it's insanity).