Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 18, 2014 - 9:35 AM   
 By:   Mathew   (Member)

I am more curious on how they will address their TNG Volume 3 release which contains "Yesterday's Enterprise," "Hollow Pursuits" and "Unification." Will they add more cues to those existing suites? Will they even re-visit that album?

A 2-disc-set would be cool. Maybe they can add the Redemption two-parter as a bonus...

Posted:   Feb 18, 2014 - 12:44 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

I think there are a handful of cues missing but a 2 disc set is probably not necessary for a reissue of Vol. 3; they should all fit on one disc (most discs in the Ron Jones set fit three complete scores). Now if GNP is going to "reissue" Vol. 4 (the Chattaway one) with complete, or at least expanded, scores (I'm hoping for more Tin Man, myself), THEN they're going to need at least a two disc set for sure. It was just made up of much smaller suites.

Yavar

Posted:   Feb 18, 2014 - 12:50 PM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

Tin Man IMHO is one of the greatest scores written by Chattaway. This one really should be re-released complete.

Posted:   Feb 19, 2014 - 7:35 AM   
 By:   Mark Langdon   (Member)

I think there are a handful of cues missing but a 2 disc set is probably not necessary for a reissue of Vol. 3; they should all fit on one disc (most discs in the Ron Jones set fit three complete scores). Now if GNP is going to "reissue" Vol. 4 (the Chattaway one) with complete, or at least expanded, scores (I'm hoping for more Tin Man, myself), THEN they're going to need at least a two disc set for sure. It was just made up of much smaller suites.

Yavar

Unification was a two-parter though, so that's technically four episodes that were represented on Vol. 3. I guess it depends how much music was written for each, though.

Posted:   Feb 22, 2014 - 8:50 PM   
 By:   musicpaladin2007   (Member)

I believe Enterprise is coming via LLL as they mentioned it before. I'd like to see them finish off TNG and start on Voyager before though.

They have mentioned before that Enterprise is next up before Voyager and another TNG set.

Posted:   Feb 22, 2014 - 8:56 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

I believe Enterprise is coming via LLL as they mentioned it before. I'd like to see them finish off TNG and start on Voyager before though.

they also said earlier this year or late last year, two Trek releases a year. So, I'd imagine TNG Volume 1 and Enterprise Volume 1 this year. I'd guess D.S.9. Volume 2 and Voyager Volume 1 next year.