Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

This is a comments thread about FSM CD: Superman: The Music

Posted:   Mar 7, 2016 - 3:10 PM   
 By:   skyy38   (Member)

http://scoresheet.tripod.com/ScoringStage/Superman/SupermanExpanded.html

Posted:   Mar 25, 2017 - 4:32 AM   
 By:   adamclark83   (Member)

On this set, there's an alternate version of the main theme music for Superman: The Movie that sounds remarkably like the one for Superman IV but can't remember where it is.

Posted:   Mar 25, 2017 - 5:57 AM   
 By:   Josh "Swashbuckler" Gizelt   (Member)

On this set, there's an alternate version of the main theme music for Superman: The Movie that sounds remarkably like the one for Superman IV but can't remember where it is.

It's disc 2 track 11, “Prelude and Main Title,” an earlier version of the main title march which was used by Sandy Courage as the basis for the main title for Superman IV.

Posted:   Mar 27, 2017 - 6:35 AM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

My stuff (most of it):

Here's another good web page on the Superman score:
http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/superman.html

Posted:   Mar 27, 2017 - 7:41 AM   
 By:   adamclark83   (Member)

It's disc 2 track 11, “Prelude and Main Title,” an earlier version of the main title march which was used by Sandy Courage as the basis for the main title for Superman IV.

I listened to it tonight and I'm afraid it's not it, it must be another one.

Posted:   Mar 27, 2017 - 9:38 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

My stuff (most of it):

I know you wrote that this was "most of it", but you must include MAN OF STEEL, which is imo the best Superman--make that super-hero--score of all time since Supes '78.

You also should have included a "token" Superman comic in your display. wink

Posted:   Mar 27, 2017 - 2:03 PM   
 By:   Ron Pulliam   (Member)

"Man of Steel" is the worst super hero score I have ever had the displeasure of enduring.

Not a single heroic theme...all typical Zimmer blather.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2017 - 7:43 AM   

"Man of Steel" is the worst super hero score I have ever had the displeasure of enduring.

If I had drenched myself with decades of Golden Age Karo Syrup, I would probably agree with you.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2017 - 8:14 AM   
 By:   WhoDat   (Member)

Gotta say, Batman vs Superman was actually worse to me. Just too much freakin noise. I've found that more than half of Man of Steel has grown on me quite a bit over the years.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2017 - 8:19 AM   

Gotta say, Batman vs Superman was actually worse to me. Just too much freakin noise. I've found that more than half of Man of Steel has grown on me quite a bit over the years.

A tip of the hat to your warming up to MAN OF STEEL, but sadly the following remains true:

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=119351&forumID=1&archive=0

Posted:   Mar 29, 2017 - 8:29 AM   
 By:   Sean Nethery   (Member)

Jim, assertion is not fact, not yours, not Ron's, not anyone's. Opinions are opinions, everybody has one, and everyone's opinion is right for them. But "true" it's not.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2017 - 9:15 AM   
 By:   Jon C   (Member)

To change the topic a bit back to the original subject, I still think that the Blue Box is the best CD collection. Thank you FSM for doing it.

Regarding Man of Steele, I think the addition of JW's theme would have been an improvement to the movie. It was calling for some kind of majestic theme for Superman.