Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
This is a comments thread about FSM CD: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Posted:   Mar 29, 2013 - 1:55 PM   
 By:   Superman1701   (Member)

True. I still glance at it and ask myself what it is. smile Whats great about these releases is that much of the source stuff was included as well. Like "The Old Black Magic.." from III and "A Moon's the Window to Heaven" from V.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2013 - 2:11 PM   
 By:   Traveling Matt   (Member)

IIRC ST II came out of nowhere for everyone. III was hoped for but by no means a done deal. Then by the time V came out it was a question of WHEN not IF for IV, VI, and finally TMP.

That was the sentiment on the board, yes, but I was actually hoping for TOS as soon as II was released. Properly expanding the films was a miracle in its own right but, with the environment of recent years and Trek access to Paramount (finally!) I felt confident TOS would be realistic and feasible.

I certainly knew if it was ever going to happen, now would be the time.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2013 - 3:09 PM   
 By:   tarasis   (Member)

True. I still glance at it and ask myself what it is. smile Whats great about these releases is that much of the source stuff was included as well. Like "The Old Black Magic.." from III and "A Moon's the Window to Heaven" from V.

I was particularly glad about the later, as much as I like Hiroshima version I was very disappointed to find it when first played the ST:V cassette. I wanted the Uhura version, so come the Expanded release LLL made me a very happy bunny.