Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
This is a comments thread about FSM CD: 100 Rifles

Posted:   Jan 9, 2011 - 7:37 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

I really need to get this.

Greg Espinoza

Who knows what a future contest may bring?

Cheers!

Posted:   Jan 9, 2011 - 11:30 PM   
 By:   riotengine   (Member)

Greg Espinoza

Cheers!

In that case, I'll be ready. wink

Greg Espinoza

Posted:   Jan 9, 2011 - 11:32 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

Greg Espinoza

Cheers!

In that case, I'll be ready. wink

Greg Espinoza

Good luck!

Cheers!

Posted:   Jan 10, 2011 - 4:30 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Love that early FSM design, with the silver border. Humble origins that gave way to a limited edition empire!

100 RIFLES ain't "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend", but I wouldn't want it any other way. cool

Posted:   Jan 10, 2011 - 4:33 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Tall Guy - thanks for being happy that I'm not dead. I can't quite recall if I'm able to e-mail you... Can you maybe e-mail me?

I said "almost" big grin but of course I'm delighted. I'll drop you an email in the next day or so. If I don't, you'll have to forgive my forgetfulness...

TG

Posted:   Jan 10, 2011 - 5:14 AM   
 By:   Scott M (Oldsmith)   (Member)

The got this one during the first few months following Goldsmith's death. It was a combination of "hurry and get as much as you can before they sell out" (which thankfully didn't happen) and the need to have a lot of "new" Goldsmith during that time. I never saw the film, but it wasn't exactly a blind buy. The Jerry Goldsmith at Fox box sold me on a LOT of his early work, since I was primarily familiar with only the scores from the latter part of his career. But once I heard them, I went nuts for his older scores. Hence the "Oldsmith" user name.

100 Rifles was a big part of this awakening (along with The Sand Pebbles, Rio Conchos, and Studs Lonigan). I enjoy the mono and stereo cues pretty much equally. I don;t visit it often, but when I get the Goldsmith bug, this is one CD that getssome spin time.