Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 21, 2024 - 4:42 AM   
 By:   Hurdy Gurdy   (Member)

The second series of RESPONDER also features one of the final performances of the late Bernard Hill (Yozza 'Gizz A Job' Hughes to my generation and Capt of the Titanic/LOTR for the newer gen).
I always thought he was a scouser, due to his breakout role as Yozza in The Boys From The Blackstuff, but turns out he was a manc (and a scum supporter at that!!).
Also, he was married to (the very fetching) Marianna Hill (just check out those stills in The Travelling Executioner CD booklet).

Posted:   May 21, 2024 - 7:54 AM   
 By:   joan hue   (Member)

Sugar on apple started as LA noir and drifted after a twist in a supremely wacky direction but still very good. Finale tomorrow.

Agreed. Didn't see the twist coming, but we liked the whole series. Finished Defending Jacob. Liked it until the odd ending. The series should have ended like the novel.

We were watching Under The Bridge. Hubby thought it was too slow, but I may finish it.

Posted:   May 21, 2024 - 8:06 AM   
 By:   Bill Carson, Earl of Poncey   (Member)

Joan, did you try Masters of the Air and Bass Reeves yet? I think you would like.

Posted:   May 21, 2024 - 10:12 AM   
 By:   joan hue   (Member)

I loved Masters of the Air. I don't have Paramount so I can't see Bass R.

Posted:   May 21, 2024 - 10:40 AM   

Shame. But it's expensive having everything.
Glad you liked Masters of the Air. It was gripping but I found the aerial battle scenes so disturbing. Such bravery when they were so vulnerable.

Posted:   May 21, 2024 - 10:43 AM   

Dp