Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 18, 2020 - 9:24 AM   
 By:   Michael Scorefan   (Member)

Thanks again for another great meeting. It was great seeing everyone, and I am still amazed at how fast the five hours flew by!

I enjoyed seeing what everyone was drinking. Thor, I will see if I can track down that IPA you showed me. With any luck I can crack open a bottle of it at the next session. Does the beer come in that one size, or is there an expanded version available? Something that probably has no appeal to you I imagine. wink

Posted:   Oct 18, 2020 - 9:27 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

I’d have liked to join as well but was coming back from a week’s well-deserved break in one of the few parts of Wales not in lockdown. We’d have had to cancel if we’d left it a week later due to new restrictions by the Welsh government.

By that’s by the way - will do whatever’s necessary to be in the next one...

Posted:   Oct 18, 2020 - 2:16 PM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

We touched on several films. Among those: The Untouchables; Days of Heaven; Crimson Tide, and we discussed non-Hollywood fare, as well.

Cul de Sac (1966)

Three Colors: White (1994)

Posted:   Oct 19, 2020 - 1:35 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Thanks again for another great meeting. It was great seeing everyone, and I am still amazed at how fast the five hours flew by!

I enjoyed seeing what everyone was drinking. Thor, I will see if I can track down that IPA you showed me. With any luck I can crack open a bottle of it at the next session. Does the beer come in that one size, or is there an expanded version available? Something that probably has no appeal to you I imagine. wink

In terms of beer, expansions are a-OK! smile

Not sure if you're able to get that beer (again: my alltime favourite IPA) where you live, but here it is again: https://haandbryggeriet.no/produktark/etikettside_fyrogflamme/

I'm only able to move about today. Yesterday was spent on the couch, hovering in and out of consciousness. Next chat will be in November.

And I stand by my suggestion to meet Howard when I'm not inebriated. Every time he's logged on, I've been deep into the glass.

Posted:   Oct 21, 2020 - 12:54 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

smile

Posted:   Oct 21, 2020 - 1:24 PM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Howard L. is the designated driver of the "Cheers!" meet ups. His most un-Hemingway-like sobriety keeps us on the road to...The Twilight Zone.

I bought some vodka this week but have yet to try it: a bottle of Absolut Pears and Zubrówka, from Poland. I won't drink these during our meetings because they would inhibit my ability to, do, well, anything.