Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 8:41 AM   
 By:   dragon53   (Member)

LINK: https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3819709/godzilla-minus-one-finally-gets-a-u-s-blu-ray-release/

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 10:14 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Awesome, thanks for the news! I got the digital copy but I'll happily buy the 4k/Blu Ray combo.

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 10:32 AM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

Nice lineup of the extras. Sadly, they skimped on the packaging, by making it a digipak.

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 11:45 AM   
 By:   paulhickling   (Member)

Bad as it makes me, where's any mention of the English dub? Watched this on Netflix, and not I loved it but even my wife enjoyed it.

Isn't it supposed to be a good English dub too?

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 12:50 PM   
 By:   nuts_score   (Member)

Anything I saw about the dub derided it for mistranslations.

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 3:13 PM   

From what I heard it’s one of the best film dubs ever done. I watched a few minutes of the dub on YouTube (in a short clip) and I thought it was awful like 99% of the dubs. I hate dubs, they can never match the strength of the original performances.

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 5:22 PM   
 By:   Moonlit   (Member)

How does it compare to other recent Gozilla films?

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 7:06 PM   
 By:   nuts_score   (Member)

Well it is a great film even if you were to remove Godzilla from it. The other recent Hollywood/Legendary Godzilla films are just silly non-sense weightless CGI monsters throwing each other around. That has its time and place but G-1.0 is something special.

Posted:   Jul 10, 2024 - 7:25 PM   

Well it is a great film even if you were to remove Godzilla from it. The other recent Hollywood/Legendary Godzilla films are just silly non-sense weightless CGI monsters throwing each other around. That has its time and place but G-1.0 is something special.

Totally agree. It's a "serious" monster movie with well developed interesting characters and solid motivations. Its wonderfully acted too.

Sure, I enjoy some of the sillier Godzilla films but its like comparing apples and oranges. You really can't even compare this film to the semi serious films of 90's where they made Godzilla a "villain" again.

M1 is in a league of its own.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 1:51 AM   
 By:   Grimsdyke   (Member)

Has Japan ever made any movies about their war crimes during WW2 ??

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 5:58 AM   

Has Japan ever made any movies about their war crimes during WW2 ??

All countries committed war crimes. Japanese movies like Godzilla will often reflect not only on their shame in the war but how their government misguided their citizens and forced them to do things they knew were wrong.

Minus One in particular is a scathing commentary on the Japanese governments lack of care or humanity for their own people.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 6:19 AM   

Godzilla.com has a 15% off for those who sign up for their email list and free shipping for orders over $150. Someone on Bluray.com also had a free shipping code (and a 15% off code), but he didn't state what it is or where he got it.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 8:13 AM   

By exclusive do they mean they get to sell the video first before other retailers get it or do they mean you can only buy it from their website?

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 8:43 AM   

"Exclusively available in the Godzilla Store"

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 10:07 AM   

"Exclusively available in the Godzilla Store"

Well guess I need to order from them then!