Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 19, 2024 - 10:52 AM   
 By:   Hurdy Gurdy   (Member)

Cos I was still guessing.
If I had already known the answer, I would have acted like a grown up and stayed the fuck out of the thread.
How does it feel not being BIG or CLEVER.

Posted:   Apr 19, 2024 - 10:56 AM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

While I'm wholly unfamiliar with DOOM (sound samples would be nice, Varese!) this appears to be a mammoth expansion so I'm happy for fans of the score. And I applaud Varese for again combining an out-of-left-field choice (Mansell) with the "big name" (Silvestri).

Yavar

I’m also unfamiliar with DOOM, but I also like when lesser known scores and composers get releases, it gives me hope for more.

Posted:   Apr 19, 2024 - 12:27 PM   
 By:   Josh   (Member)

If I had already known the answer, I would have acted like a grown up and stayed the fuck out of the thread.

Seriously. Unreal.

Posted:   Apr 19, 2024 - 12:34 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

While I'm wholly unfamiliar with DOOM (sound samples would be nice, Varese!) this appears to be a mammoth expansion so I'm happy for fans of the score. And I applaud Varese for again combining an out-of-left-field choice (Mansell) with the "big name" (Silvestri).

Yavar

I’m also unfamiliar with DOOM, but I also like when lesser known scores and composers get releases, it gives me hope for more.

Posted:   Apr 19, 2024 - 7:57 PM   
 By:   Adventures of Jarre Jarre   (Member)

Is it too late to hope for The Frighteners?

• Thanks for the steer, guys (Y&G) re Cliff n Clint.

Okay, I've just had that Lenny Rosenman fella on the line who's agreed to score my CLASH OF THE TITANS sequel wink

I already have studio time reserved for Mark Isham… or was it Marc Shaiman?

• But if you correctly guess which title will not be available when it is released then you have a choice of one of the others. Unless it is sold out. Then you will receive a faulty disc of their choice.

Or the prize winner could design the cover, which will be whined about anyway, but at least Varese can wipe their hands clean of that complaint.

•  

Posted:   Apr 21, 2024 - 1:30 AM   
     By:   bondo321   (Member)

Still waiting for gems like Debney’s THE SCORPION KING….

Posted:   Apr 21, 2024 - 2:06 AM   
     By:   Frank Vincent   (Member)

Wrong topic.

Posted:   Apr 21, 2024 - 3:42 AM   
     By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

Wrong topic.

Doesn't stop most. smile

Posted:   Apr 21, 2024 - 11:31 PM   
     By:   Big X   (Member)

Does Varese hold the rights to Jarre's 'The Bride'? If so, maybe the next title will be 'The Bride', long OPP, expensive and it is Jarre's centenary this year.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 12:42 AM   
     By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

Does Varese hold the rights to Jarre's 'The Bride'? If so, maybe the next title will be 'The Bride', long OPP, expensive and it is Jarre's centenary this year.

I think James Fitz said he had the tapes ( or new of them) and that there wasn't much more on them. I think.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 1:44 AM   
     By:   Big X   (Member)

Thank you Prince Damian. I also recall that and I believe, James also stated that he was happy to assist in a re-issue (expanded release), nothing came of it, that was some time ago.