Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 8:12 AM   
 By:   Clark Wayne   (Member)

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.....

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:19 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

There is a lot of insults in this specific topic chat. I wonder who started it...
Instead of wishing the closing of internet for everyone, why don't you show your wit by doing it first?
That would not do any harm. And maybe change your life forever for the greater good!
See? I'm trying to be helpful here.
I'm counting on you to show the world the way to good behaviour and how to save humanity from its doom.

A fine idea, but like I alluded to earlier, the whole class could be the bigger man.
But it would not stop the one kid from misbehaving.

You are always the nice guy October. At this point, there are too many cases of a few really terrible people ruining things, from small things like a forum, to well, you can figure out the rest. The internet, for the wonderful qualities of easy online shopping and watching videos on how to fix my car, is also a giant magnet for propaganda and loathing and spreading despicable things. The hard truth is that whether people are knowingly provocative and just darn crazy, well it does not really matter. I think we have a little of both kinds here, and there are thousands of them on the rest of social media. The internet, for all of the marvelous convenience, has also brought out the very worst and deluded qualities in humanity, and provided a high speed highway for it to spread across the world. I have lost my own mother to it, I do not know who she is anymore.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:24 AM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

The internet, for all of the marvelous convenience, has also brought out the very worst and deluded qualities in humanity, and provided a high speed highway for it to spread across the world. I have lost my own mother to it, I do not know who she is anymore.

No one could counter anything you just said.
It's just so damn sad.
For a while now I've been thinking that the biggest crisis in the world these days is mental illness.
Combine that with the internet and, boy, what a lovely cocktail.

And the part about your mom is a bloody shame.
Sorry to hear that, amigo.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:27 AM   

The internet, for all of the marvelous convenience, has also brought out the very worst and deluded qualities in humanity, and provided a high speed highway for it to spread across the world. I have lost my own mother to it, I do not know who she is anymore.

No one could counter anything you just said.
It's just so damn sad.
For a while now I've been thinking that the biggest crisis in the world these days is mental illness.
Combine that with the internet and, boy, what a lovely cocktail.

And the part about your mom is a bloody shame.
Sorry to hear that, amigo.

thank you for that sympathy my friend

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:40 AM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

Looking forward to the Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates versions of this thread.

Neither of them are openly courting Nazis. Stop trolling.

Yahtzees? Really? You seem unhinged, Sir. Stop it. Get some help.

You obviously espouse the type of unmentionable turds he champions. To then infer its me that has a problem again indicates your attempted passive aggressive deflection of the truth.

You Muskrat fanboys clearly cannot handle the truth about your precious never-god.

You should be ashamed of yourself and all the other despicable scum who rush to the defense of this POS.

People are scum because they don't share your opinions? They are scum? You are truly unhinged, Sir. Seek some help, take your meds, be tolerant if you possibly can - which I have ample evidence to doubt.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:44 AM   

OK then, smart arse, how quick were you to post onto the OJ Simpson thread that people were wrong to condemn him as he was found not guilty?

No-thought not.

What, exactly, do you mean Sir? What are you driving at? Let's see if you have the courage of your “convictions”.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:45 AM   
 By:   David Sones (Allardyce)   (Member)

Clark, please cease with the personal attacks. Thank you.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:51 AM   
 By:   drop_forge   (Member)

So now there is a complete recall of the Cybertruck.
Color me shocked.

I walked out of a restaurant three Saturdays ago just in time to see a real bleepin' Cybertruck pull up. That was hysterical.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 9:53 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

So now there is a complete recall of the Cybertruck.
Color me shocked.

I walked out of a restaurant three Saturdays ago just in time to see a real bleepin' Cybertruck pull up. That was hysterical.

Its no DeLorean!

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 10:18 AM   

Remember when Elon Musk's company made a truck that you can't wash in the sunlight?

And you can't run it through the car wash unless you enable "Car Wash Mode".
If you forget to do so, it voids the warranty.
I guess if it rains, the owners are effed.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 11:02 AM   

People are scum because they don't share your opinions? They are scum? You are truly unhinged, Sir. Seek some help, take your meds, be tolerant if you possibly can - which I have ample evidence to doubt.

But we are not talking about opinions.
Whatever one may think about Musk's fanbase, we are talking about established, verified facts.
Opinions can be argued, facts can not.

If that makes any of us seem "unhinged" to you, then I'm going to give you a little homework.
Now, for the most part, our focus has been mainly towards Musk's failures (maybe a little too gleefully, but so what?).
And the things we've listed are, like I said, established and verified facts.
Here's the homework part:
If you think you can debunk anything we've said, please do it.
And at the same time, I would like you (or anyone else here, for that matter), to offer up examples where Musk was an actual success at any of his endeavors.
Show us how he took something and didn't make it worse.
If any example you come up with can stand scrutiny, then you will have made an actual point on the topic.

I'm not attacking you, I'm giving you a fair opportunity to justify your defenses.
And I want to keep it in the realm of intelligent discussion.

If you or anyone else thinks my idea stinks, fair enough--I will withdraw it.

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 11:49 AM   

David,

Fine, but perhaps you'd also suggest the agent provocateur to cease telling me to take my meds, alleging I have mental health issues, which is pretty damn personal, to do the same?

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 12:02 PM   

I'm not attacking you, I'm giving you a fair opportunity to justify your defenses.
And I want to keep it in the realm of intelligent discussion.

If you or anyone else thinks my idea stinks, fair enough--I will withdraw it.

I would welcome this, as I said, I am happy to stick to the egregious behaviour of the SA as long as the agent provocateurs do not continue to resort to personal remarks.

I posit the case against, the msny thousands of people laid off by Tesla recently vs the $50 billion payday the Muscovites are seemingly intent to pay their investor against shareholder's will, and a court order. How can this be justified?

Complete abandonment of future models of Tesla in favour of the Cyberpancake, already subject to a worldwide safety recall? Not healthy for a company's profits, I'd have thought, but someone wants to give the SA 50 billion still?

Very odd way to run a business (into the ground).

Posted:   Apr 22, 2024 - 12:47 PM   
 By:   David Sones (Allardyce)   (Member)

David,

Fine, but perhaps you'd also suggest the agent provocateur to cease telling me to take my meds, alleging I have mental health issues, which is pretty damn personal, to do the same?

Yep, agreed.

Let's all keep it friendly, please.

Posted:   Apr 23, 2024 - 5:14 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Just a shout-out to David Sones for doing his best to moderate this thread. Quite surprised it hasn't been locked considering David had to come back in three times to tell people to cool it down. If it does get locked I understand. But cheers for trying!

Posted:   Apr 23, 2024 - 5:39 AM   

Just a shout-out to David Sones for doing his best to moderate this thread. Quite surprised it hasn't been locked considering David had to come back in three times to tell people to cool it down. If it does get locked I understand. But cheers for trying!

Seconded. I'm sorry I was provoked by trolling.

Posted:   Apr 23, 2024 - 6:18 AM   

The craft of the people who always provoke this stuff, and yes, we all know exactly who they are, is they light this fire, people somewhat naturally react, and often the reactors are the ones that are admonished. The instigators quietly sit back and enjoy what they have accomplished, delighted that they have done it again. There are about 3 or 4 people on this board that are here pretty much solely for this purpose, and they pull this off somewhat routinely.

Lukas asked for recommendations for changes a while back, I would axe all of these people, forever.

Posted:   Apr 23, 2024 - 9:41 AM   
 By:   GladVlad   (Member)

The craft of the people who always provoke this stuff, and yes, we all know exactly who they are, is they light this fire, people somewhat naturally react, and often the reactors are the ones that are admonished. The instigators quietly sit back and enjoy what they have accomplished, delighted that they have done it again. There are about 3 or 4 people on this board that are here pretty much solely for this purpose, and they pull this off somewhat routinely.

Lukas asked for recommendations for changes a while back, I would axe all of these people, forever.

I don't know who they are (the ones you're refering to) as I rarely write here. And it always had been very friendly, casual, on the topic.
Sharing opinions in respect, without calling people names.

But you, sir, should really take a long look in the mirror. And see if that makes you happy; or hate the rest of the world...
You insulted me and others, pretend you're the one with morals, and now call for dictatorship on a ... discussion forum.

I am happy to revise my take on Musk's accomplishments. I am in no way a 'Musktard' (how nice of you, again...). There are things he did and stuff he said I don't like (at all!).
Though I really started to pay attention when he took over Twitter. Decided the First Amendement meant something. That bots were not welcomed. Nor the ones forcing their ideas by censoring opponents.
Even there, he changed his position! It was a deception for me to read he would start banning posts on the 2020 election fraud possibility (like "yeah, they do it all the time over the world; but not in USA!"). Other things he said too.
I still enjoy his position against the imposed one-track minded narratives. His "finger to Disney". His call to have way more security against possible dangers of AI.

The rest... just up to me to discover. And like or dislike.

You want respect between debaters here? Start by looking at you. I strongly suggest that first step.

Thank You and have a nice day!

Posted:   Apr 23, 2024 - 10:20 AM   

David,

Cried the bully as he struck out at me. My retort was very restrained considering that you implied racism and then, with your jackhammer like subtlety, hurled accusations of Yahtzee-ism. Oh yeah, anyone who disagrees with you is also scum. Re-read your posts and learn something, if you possibly can.

Posted:   Apr 23, 2024 - 10:49 AM   
 By:   Lukas Kendall   (Member)

I don't have time to read all of this, but let's not call each other scum?

Don't let this get out of hand again.

Lukas