Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 3, 2024 - 9:43 PM   
 By:   Phil567   (Member)

Who's going to be near or in the path of totality? I won't have far to travel to be in the path of totality. I just hope it won't be cloudy and overcast that day. This would be the first time in my life that l experienced a total solar eclipse.

Posted:   Mar 5, 2024 - 6:28 AM   
 By:   Nightingale   (Member)

For this eclipse and the last big U.S. eclipse I wish I had the money to just get an RV, gather any family members and friends to join me and drive to an area of eclipse totality (down South where it's warm) and park in some nature type area, or other small town USA field and camp out with lots of..."refreshments" and food to grill out-experience the occasion like tailgating at a sporting event.

Posted:   Mar 5, 2024 - 7:00 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

I'll only see 50% of the solar eclipse. Though I can't see anything after looking at the last one.

Posted:   Mar 5, 2024 - 8:23 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

Ah well, you've seen one you've seen them all.smile

Posted:   Mar 5, 2024 - 8:34 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

I'll be driving to a spot to get around 2min of totality, Cornwall, Ontario. Hooping for clear skies - who knows in April?

Posted:   Mar 5, 2024 - 4:24 PM   

For this eclipse and the last big U.S. eclipse I wish I had the money to just get an RV, gather any family members and friends to join me and drive to an area of eclipse totality (down South where it's warm) and park in some nature type area, or other small town USA field and camp out with lots of..."refreshments" and food to grill out-experience the occasion like tailgating at a sporting event.

I'd rather experience the eclipse in the downtown of a large city so I can see the streetlights come on!

Apparently birds and other animals act funny too. Should be interesting.

Posted:   Mar 31, 2024 - 8:24 AM   

Is anyone on this forum planning to experience the eclipse at Niagara Falls? I'm a couple of hours' drive away but there's no way I'm going to go there. It'll be too crazy.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10392024/solar-eclipse-state-of-emergency-niagara-region/

Posted:   Mar 31, 2024 - 8:38 AM   

Unfortunately most fsmers don't have windows in their basements. smile+

Posted:   Mar 31, 2024 - 12:07 PM   

Can you view the solar eclipse with 3D glasses?

Posted:   Mar 31, 2024 - 1:56 PM   

Only if you put your ankles around the back of you neck, too.

Posted:   Mar 31, 2024 - 3:39 PM   

I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Posted:   Mar 31, 2024 - 3:55 PM   
 By:   eriknelson   (Member)

I live in Houston, so we're going to visit friends near Dallas to be in the zone of totality. Can't wait. I read an article about forecasters' predictions of cloud cover along the path. It's a 50:50 proposition where I'll be, but how can they accurately predict this far out? In any case, the sky will darken and that alone will be worth being there.

Posted:   Mar 31, 2024 - 5:36 PM   

I live in Houston, so we're going to visit friends near Dallas to be in the zone of totality. Can't wait. I read an article about forecasters' predictions of cloud cover along the path. It's a 50:50 proposition where I'll be, but how can they accurately predict this far out? In any case, the sky will darken and that alone will be worth being there.

That's true. Even if it's cloudy we will still experience the momentary darkness and it will be worthwhile.

Hopefully you won't have too much traffic along the way. I plan to take a commuter train to Hamilton, Ontario in order to avoid the highway which will be clogged with people heading for Niagara Falls.

Posted:   Apr 1, 2024 - 2:58 AM   

I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Me neither.

Posted:   Apr 1, 2024 - 4:40 PM   
 By:   Adam.   (Member)

A guy outside my local grocery store is holding a sign selling "Eclipse Glasses" LOL. If he's still there tomorrow I'll get a picture of him.

Posted:   Apr 1, 2024 - 5:27 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

NIAGARA FALLS?!
Slowly I turn...

Posted:   Apr 4, 2024 - 12:02 PM   
 By:   chriscoyle   (Member)

I don’t understand schools closing early. If they are concerned about kids looking at the sun and damaging their eyes, they would keep them in school. Most classrooms have windows that you can’t look directly up at the sun anyway. Have an assembly in the auditorium for the younger grades or show a movie. To think all these kids will be home and many unsupervised, not good.

Posted:   Apr 4, 2024 - 2:34 PM   

Probably be cloudy.

Posted:   Apr 5, 2024 - 12:18 AM   

I wonder- will this eclipse eclipse the last eclipse, or not?

Posted:   Apr 5, 2024 - 3:32 AM   
 By:   chriscoyle   (Member)

Probably be cloudy.

Even a cloudy or rainy day will have the sky darken to night in the middle of the day.