Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 3, 2024 - 2:53 PM   
 By:   Indy1981   (Member)

Some journalists in the industry ought to investigate a breakdown of costs here.

Why?

Posted:   Mar 3, 2024 - 3:42 PM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

I didn’t see the film but it was my understanding it was a character study. People went in droves to see it because it was compelling on a human level. Something Godzilla Minus One just did. Of course a huge part of the budget for this new movie goes to the stars salaries. But did you really need Lady GaGa?

I'm actually okay with those salaries. 20 for Phoenix, 12 for Gaga... that leaves about ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY MILLION! Where the Hell is that going? Is there some skimming off the top going on here? Somebody's secret filch-fund? Organized crime payoffs?

Some journalists in the industry ought to investigate a breakdown of costs here.

No one should get 20 mil. How many people who work on or in these films put in their blood, sweat and tears and are just barely making it financially? I know we idolize movie stars and they maybe the draw but there would be no film without EVERYONE else involved in the production.

Posted:   Mar 3, 2024 - 3:45 PM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Why?

Well, unless Joker 2 is a massive epic like the Avengers movies I don't see where the money goes either.