Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 24, 2024 - 4:07 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

John Murphy and Underworld's score to Sunshine is a favourite of mine - would that qualify? There are a number of cues where they're described as co-writers alongside pieces credited individually to each.

Ah, yes, good call! So there was another.

Posted:   Feb 24, 2024 - 8:19 AM   
 By:   Paul MacLean   (Member)

I suppose another favourite of mine -- perhaps the alltime favourite in this particular "genre" -- is THE NEVERENDING STORY. True, there is plenty of synth and drum kits in Doldinger's primarily orchestral material too, but that just makes the mix with the Moroder stuff all the more organic.

That wasn't a "collaboration" though. The original German cut of the film was all scored by Doldinger. Moroder was hired to replace some of Doldinger's cues).

It was a "Last of the Mohicans" type scenario -- discrete contributions from two composers who had no contact with each other (and Moroder's cues utilized orchestra as well).

Posted:   Feb 24, 2024 - 8:40 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

God, I regret wording the headline the way I did, because I have to specify again that I also count situations where two entities do music for a film without necessarily collaborating. I'll bold the parameters in the first post. I'll also edit the headline.

Posted:   Feb 25, 2024 - 12:40 AM   
 By:   Laurent78   (Member)

How about the alleged collaboration between Morricone and Klaus Schulze on this movie ?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252240/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Or did they both of them write their own contribution ? I must say that this score is surrounded by mystery. Can anyone shed some light on it ?

Posted:   Feb 25, 2024 - 9:10 PM   
 By:   mark_so   (Member)

BLUE THUNDER
Arthur B. Rubinstein / Anthony Marinelli
(maybe not exactly the thing you're talking about, but a pretty unique combo)