Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 8:49 AM   
 By:   dragon53   (Member)

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 12

TWISTERS---trailer released for the spinoff movie starring Daisy Edgar-Jones and Glenn Powell.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdok0rZdmx4

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMCNJP2ipI

KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtFI7SNtVpY

THE FALL GUY---Super Bowl ad released for the movie starring Ryan Gosling based on the tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hpi2JXq1XY

THE BOYS---ad released for Season 4.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlXLKJeiyOk

A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE---Super Bowl ad released for the prequel movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2HKj8ZOvJg

WICKED: PART ONE---trailer released for the two-part movie based on the Broadway musical.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dvX9Vs0ns

THE THUNDERMANS RETURN---trailer released for the Paramount+ movie based on the tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYA5WOFhd-Y

THE MOVIE CRITIC---Tom Cruise is in talks for a "small role or cameo" in Quentin Tarantino's last movie.

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE---new image released from the sequel. Director Adam Wingard said, “There’s a bit of a truce — Godzilla’s in control of the surface world and Kong is down in Hollow Earth. It wasn’t, ‘Okay, give me a call when something goes wrong, Kong. And I, Godzilla, will rush to the rescue!’” It looks like the two creatures will be facing a common enemy as the upcoming film will feature the appearance of a more villainous primate named Skar King, who threatens the very fate of the planet. And the addition of the new villain is shaping up to bring an interesting dynamic between Godzilla and Kong. The buddy-cop dysfunctional relationship dynamic is probably the best one to describe Godzilla and Kong. My influences are always embedded with the ‘80s, and the ‘80s were prime for [that] storyline.”

STAR WARS: EPISODE I-THE PHANTOM MENACE---to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the second trilogy, the poster was released for THE PHANTOM MENACE which returns to theaters on May 3.

FEATHERWOOD---Scarlett Johansson will star in the movie about Carol Blevins, “a heroin addict and ‘Aryan Princess featherwood’ (property of a gang member) who became one of the FBI’s most important informants during an epic, six-year investigation into the murderous, neo-Nazi crime and drug syndicate known as the Aryan Brotherhood Of Texas. Blevins, who lived with the gang, memorized details, pre-empted murders and interrupted robberies, helped convict 13 members of the group. However, her harrowing journey left her with significant physical and mental scars and she lives under constant threat of reprisal by the ABT.”

THE WALKING DEAD---showrunner Scott M. Gimple said there might be crossover involving DEAD CITY, DARYL DIXON and THE ONES WHO LIVE, “There are so many things with this universe that I plan and put together, but I also know that God laughs, and you have to pivot to something else. I absolutely have been working towards that [a crossover] and hoping towards that, but we’ll see what happens. It might be a version of it that no one expects.”

GOOSEBUMPS---Disney+ renewed the series for Season 2.

TRIVIA---in CHINATOWN, private detective Jake Gittes (Jack Nicholson) is having lunch with corrupt Los Angeles tycoon Noah Cross (John Huston), and Cross asks Gittes about his daughter, "Are you, uh, sleeping with her?"
Ironically, Huston's daughter, Anjelica, had just started a relationship with Nicholson and was visiting the film set when the scene was being filmed, "Jack and Roman Polanski were already friends, and Dad and Jack got on really well, sharing philosophical conversations and a lot of laughs. It was during CHINATOWN that I moved into Jack’s house. When Dad asked me to come visit him on the CHINATOWN set, I agreed—I hadn’t seen him for almost six months. We had lunch at a long table outdoors, Jack on one side, my father on the other, Polanski at the head. I sat down quietly beside Jack. Out of nowhere, my father, eyeing him malevolently, said, 'I hear you are sleeping with my daughter”—long pause—'Mr. Gittes.' I went bright red and then I realized: they were rehearsing. Everyone burst out laughing."

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:00 AM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

That Godzilla design... ugh.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be a Monday morning downer.
But that design practically demands to be ridiculed.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:09 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

TWISTERS---trailer released for the spinoff movie starring Daisy Edgar-Jones and Glenn Powell.

Wait, is that an official sequel to TWISTER? I can see from the companies involved, and the costly special effects, that this is an A list film, yet there are no stars (that I've heard of anyway). Comes off as a weird cross between a big budget blockbuster and a low budget straight-to-SyFy thingie.

A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE---Super Bowl ad released for the prequel movie.

Bring it on! I'm absolutely in love with this universe.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:11 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

That Godzilla design... ugh.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be a Monday morning downer.
But that design practically demands to be ridiculed.

Ive always hated that design since its premier in 2014.
They haven't improved on it all that much either.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:14 AM   

The CGI in 1996 looked better.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:17 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Oh, lord, looks like Kong is wearing an updated Nintendo power glove.

STAR WARS: EPISODE I-THE PHANTOM MENACE---to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the second trilogy, the poster was released for THE PHANTOM MENACE which returns to theaters on May 3.

Come, re-live your horrible bitter disappointment and tears again. This time without lines.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:22 AM   

Come, re-live your horrible bitter disappointment and tears again. This time without lines.

Disney is super desperate.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:25 AM   
 By:   Rameau   (Member)

I wouldn't mind seeing Dead City, but I don't know how it's going to happen in the UK. I haven't seen any of the spinoffs (although I have some seasons of Fear The Walking Dead on disc), we used to have The Fox Channel & The Walking Dead would be on there, but the Fox Channel is no more. I assume it'll be on Disney+ but I don't get that. Oh well, let's hope it gets a disc release.

Just so many streaming channels, I think it's a mess right now. I'd like to see Masters Of The Air, but that's on Apple TV.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:29 AM   
 By:   Bill Carson, Earl of Poncey   (Member)

"THE MOVIE CRITIC---Tom Cruise is in talks for a "small role or cameo" in Quentin Tarantino's last movie."

Please God let it be true. Don't give a toss about Tom Cruise but the words "Quentin Tarantino's last movie." brings hope to us all!! Lol

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 9:39 AM   

I didn't even notice that--you're right!
What the deuce?
He must be one smart little monkey in the film.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 11:13 AM   
 By:   TheAvenger   (Member)

"THE MOVIE CRITIC---Tom Cruise is in talks for a "small role or cameo" in Quentin Tarantino's last movie."

Please God let it be true. Don't give a toss about Tom Cruise but the words "Quentin Tarantino's last movie." brings hope to us all!! Lol

Amen to that!

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 12:16 PM   
 By:   Rameau   (Member)

Amen to that!

Quentin Tarantino does seem to be a love him or loathe him director. I don't like all of his stuff, but there's a few I really like:

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 1/2
Inglourious Basterds
The Hateful Eight.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 12:23 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Love his work! Recently binged a few of his films again. Can’t wait for the new film, and hope it won’t be the last.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 12:24 PM   

I didn't even notice that--you're right!
What the deuce?
He must be one smart little monkey in the film.

They’ve made it clear this is going to be like Power Rangers just with giant monsters. Just look how Godzilla is running like a human being in the trailer. Certainly the polar opposite of Godzilla Minus One.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 2:07 PM   

They’ve made it clear this is going to be like Power Rangers just with giant monsters. Just look how Godzilla is running like a human being in the trailer. Certainly the polar opposite of Godzilla Minus One.

Wait, what?
He RUNS??

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 2:17 PM   

Jar Jar on the big screen again. Ewww, mesa so sad.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 2:54 PM   

Wait, what?
He RUNS??

Like a giant man lizard.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 3:46 PM   

Like a giant man lizard.

Well, color me snookered for not having seen the trailer until now.
That is unbelievably awful.

I think the world owes Godzilla '98 a big apology.

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 4:03 PM   

Hum. Maybe some government is manipulating him with a chip, connected to a person in gear who is running and fighting, maybe accounting for the seemingly needless power glove (I guess only that hand is special).

Posted:   Feb 12, 2024 - 6:19 PM   

Like a giant man lizard.

Well, color me snookered for not having seen the trailer until now.
That is unbelievably awful.

I think the world owes Godzilla '98 a big apology.

I'll be very disappointed if Godzilla doesn't do his trademark dropkick in this film.