Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 14, 2024 - 11:27 AM   
 By:   Willgoldnewtonbarrygrusin   (Member)

With ridiculous 300+ milion price tag, there is no chance this won't flop.

That’s the best criticism here.

Posted:   Jul 17, 2024 - 2:54 PM   
 By:   leagolfer   (Member)

The trailer looks fine the CGI doesn't look disastrous, quite the opposite in fact, this is what action-drama should be or i'm going blind, i can understand taking the flashbacks of Gladiator, why wouldn't it, this is about upholding honor & vengeance. Ridley, when he's on he can be a great movie maker.

Curious if any previous music will be used arranged differently, i think they should recall Gerrard's vocals that marinated real-nice in film scenes, i don't know who this composer is really, but i'm watching the film coz the last one was an epic, so this is viable, even with that rap song linked sword & sandals wink

Posted:   Jul 18, 2024 - 3:45 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

That's what people thought about Titanic... meanwhile wasn't Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga supposed to be a hit?

Posted:   Jul 18, 2024 - 4:49 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

That's what people thought about Titanic... meanwhile wasn't Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga supposed to be a hit?

This is no Titanic (or Avatar)! I don’t know if it’s going to be a hit or not but they have to reach that billion dollar milestone.

Posted:   Jul 18, 2024 - 4:57 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

I think being shocked that a trailer uses a popular song in 2024 is like being shocked that a score is made available but not on CD, or that there's a new movie based on a comic book, or that people watch e-sports on television. Can't we simply accept that the studios' research tells them that other people like things that a lot of us don't?

Not shocked, but predictable, lazy, shortsighted. If adding a “popular” song to your trailer was a sure fire way of bringing in the audience then every trailer would have rap music. Not saying it won’t bring in the crowds but it may not do squat either. It’s the same old Hollywood thinking coping previous successes will make their film a success. Also as fans of films and film music we’re naturally going to critique the homogenous nature of the industry.