Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 14, 2023 - 7:52 PM   
 By:   Ford A. Thaxton   (Member)

Who else has got their boxes as of tonight?

Any surprises?

Ford A. Thaxton

So I got my box in today. Looking forward to checking all of these out though I did get a couple of duplicates that I got in the last mystery box. I went back to check that topic thread and didn't realize that was just this past summer for Father's Day. I thought it was last xmas for some reason. Ha!

Here we go and in random order. All are CDs unless otherwise indicated:

"The Rat Patrol": Volume 2 (MGM TV Soundtrack) by Dominic Frontiere & Alex North
"The Art Of Travel" (also includes music from "Guilty As Charged") by Steve Bartek
"Arrow": Season 3 (2 CD) by Blake Neely
"The In-Laws" by John Morris
The Dan Redfeld Collection: Volume 1 (2CD)
"Adventures In Dinosaur City" by Fredric Ensign Teetsel
"Space Shuttle Columbia: Mission Of Hope" by Blake Neely
"The Punisher" (1989) by Dennis Dreith
"Pumpkin" by John Ottman
"The Biggest Little Farm" by Jeff Beal
"Cecil B. DeMented" by Zoe Poledouris
Daimajin, The Great Stone God: Bukimisha - The Spiritual Voices Of Akira Ifukube
"Walt Disney's The Liberators" by Joe Harnell (duplicate from last mystery batch)
Chuck Cirino: Erotic Thrillers Volume 1: "Sins Of Desire" + "Haunting Fear" (2 CD)
"Old Gringo" by Lee Holdridge (autographed by Holdridge!)
"Destination Moon" by Leith Stevens
"The Ratings Game" by David Spear
"Timemaster" by Harry Manfredini (autographed by Manfredini!)
"The Aftermath" by John Morgan (duplicate from last mystery batch)
"A Doggone Christmas" by Chuck Cirino (autographed by Cirino and Jim Wynorski [director/writer]!)
"Beat" by Ernest Troost
"The Interview" + "This Is The End" by Henry Jackman
"Phar Lap" by Bruce Rowland
"The King's Guard" by Ray Colcord
Cinema Imaginaire: Soundtracks For Imaginary Movies by Chuck Cirino
"Mutant" by Richard Band (duplicate from last mystery batch)
"The Manions Of America" by Morton Stevens (2 CD)
"Pranks" by Christopher Young
Triptych - The Holy City - Meditation On Orpheus by Alan Hovhaness & Music 1957 - Synchrony by Henry Cowell
The Passion Oratorio - DVD (duplicate from last mystery box)
"Blue Fire Lady" - DVD

So with all of that, only 3 duplicates on CD and 1 DVD from the last mystery box. Not too shabby.

I look forward to digging into all of these like I did the last one! Thank you, Ford, for the awesome deal and the lightning fast shipping!

Posted:   Dec 15, 2023 - 8:10 AM   
 By:   mstrox   (Member)

Seeing how few repeats the box above had from my previous “box” order, it looks like I’ll be rolling the dice and putting this under my tree after all. Thanks, BSX!

Posted:   Dec 15, 2023 - 9:02 AM   

Seeing how few repeats the box above had from my previous “box” order, it looks like I’ll be rolling the dice and putting this under my tree after all. Thanks, BSX!

Well, this special offer ends tonight at Midnight (Pacific time-LA)

Don't miss out.

Ford A. Thaxton

Posted:   Dec 15, 2023 - 3:04 PM   
 By:   Ron Pulliam   (Member)

My box arrived today.

There were plenty of surprises and new CDs that I look forward to hearing.

It was well worth the price.

Well done, BSX!

Posted:   Dec 15, 2023 - 4:22 PM   
 By:   Micki Moreau   (Member)

I didnt get in time for the last one but I did today smile Looking forward to see what surprises lie in store!!!

Posted:   Dec 15, 2023 - 5:19 PM   

Well, the sale ends at midnight tonight....

It's NOW or Never!

Ford A. Thaxton

Posted:   Dec 21, 2023 - 3:21 PM   
 By:   JohnnyRoastbeef   (Member)

Got my box a couple of days ago, and not only did whoever packed it miscount (in my favour, there were a few CDs over the 25 advertised, like as in 32 + 2 DVDs!), but out of the entire batch I only had 2 of the CDs in my collection already. Quite an impressive roster of composers, Giacchino, Horner, Chris Young, John Scott, Rosenthal, Burwell, Desplat and so many others. A lot of things that weren't on my radar at all, I hope to dive into all of these shortly. I'm especially looking forward to some of the Citadel classical CDs I got (there were so many Citadel titles in my box!), I love discovering new composers and finding new works to me by some of my favourite composers, like Barber, Holst and Hovhaness. All in all quite a haul, I may take advantage if BSX does another one of these, I think that with conversion to Canadian currency, the hefty shipping to Canada, and the import fees, it worked out to about $6/CD (not including the DVDs), so an excellent deal, thanks so much to BSX!

Posted:   Dec 25, 2023 - 10:14 AM   

A Christmas miracle - I opened my BSX box and not a single album (of 30!) that I already owned. Thanks and happy holidays, Ford and BSX!

Posted:   Dec 25, 2023 - 2:44 PM   
 By:   jedizim   (Member)

I got mine few days ago as well. unfortunately, I had 7 duplicates of things I already own, but it's all good!! Still got a lot of good things in the box that I am looking forward to listening to.

Posted:   Dec 25, 2023 - 3:54 PM   
 By:   Micki Moreau   (Member)

This is by FAR the BEST deal ever! I received mine and found so many great scores that I was considering over a long period of time and received them as a gift! Whomever picks and chooses at BSX read my mind on several of the classic scores I have been looking into.

THANK YOU, FORD and BSX!!!!

Posted:   Dec 25, 2023 - 7:06 PM   
 By:   barryfan   (Member)

I got my box weeks ago and didn't have one duplicate. I was very happy with it and will buy another next year if the deal comes again.

Posted:   Dec 25, 2023 - 9:34 PM   

Well, I’m glad everyone seems to have enjoyed what they received in the holiday box

Our hope is that in the box, you discovered some things you wanted, and perhaps even discovered some things that you didn’t even know about and have enjoyed.

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year to everyone

Posted:   Dec 26, 2023 - 8:17 AM   

I haven’t gotten to listen to any of it over the holidays and am still cataloguing, but the one you sent me had a Williams re-recording album that has been on my wishlist for some time, OSTs I’ve never heard from Horner and Ottman, Lifeforce (which while I have never heard it before, I know is the stuff of legends) and a good variety of other albums including horror genre stuff that I always dig. A great success - thank you!

Posted:   Dec 27, 2023 - 8:35 PM   

I haven’t gotten to listen to any of it over the holidays and am still cataloguing, but the one you sent me had a Williams re-recording album that has been on my wishlist for some time, OSTs I’ve never heard from Horner and Ottman, Lifeforce (which while I have never heard it before, I know is the stuff of legends) and a good variety of other albums including horror genre stuff that I always dig. A great success - thank you!

Well I hope you enjoy the discs you got and even discovered a few lost treasures, we did include in a number of them the 1957 re-recording of Leith Steven's score to DESTINATION MOON which I think is outstanding.

Have a Happy New Year

Ford A. Thaxtion