Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 2, 2023 - 4:00 PM   
 By:   Phil567   (Member)

I found this in a used CD store for $5 bucks. Not bad. This is the limited edition CD of 2,000 units. This copy is #34/2,000.

I already have the FSM 2 CD set but I bought this one just to get the "Ladd Company Logo."

Posted:   Dec 2, 2023 - 5:39 PM   
 By:   villagardens553   (Member)

I've got one of those! Bought it back when it came out. I even have the infamous vinyl edition from the mid-eighties, 45 rpm.

Posted:   Dec 3, 2023 - 5:15 AM   

I've got one of those! Bought it back when it came out. I even have the infamous vinyl edition from the mid-eighties, 45 rpm.

What # out of 2,000 is yours?

Posted:   Dec 3, 2023 - 5:17 AM   

Is the Ladd Company Logo which l understand is by John Williams available on any other CD's? Why was it left off the FSM cd?

Posted:   Dec 3, 2023 - 6:35 AM   
 By:   villagardens553   (Member)

My number is 678 on the CD. I didn't see a # on the LP.

Ladd logo was probably left off of the FSM because, seriously, why was it on the previous release to begin with? Most scores, you know, when released on CD don't have the studio logo music.

Posted:   Dec 3, 2023 - 7:25 AM   
 By:   NSBulk   (Member)

Is the Ladd Company Logo which l understand is by John Williams available on any other CD's?

We included the "Ladd Company Logo" music by John Williams on the CD for "Outland."

Why was it left off the FSM cd?

Because we put it on "Outland." smile

Neil

Posted:   Dec 3, 2023 - 7:32 AM   
 By:   Roger Feigelson   (Member)

Is the Ladd Company Logo which l understand is by John Williams available on any other CD's?

We included the "Ladd Company Logo" music by John Williams on the CD for "Outland."

Why was it left off the FSM cd?

Because we put it on "Outland." smile

Neil

And it’s the correct take. The one on Body Heat has a bad performance mistake because they used the wrong take. I do really like the mix on the SCSE release though in many ways. I like the crispness of the triangle in the opening. Can barely hear it on the FSM.