Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 2, 2022 - 5:56 PM   
 By:   GoblinScore   (Member)

The inclusion of the album debate is interesting, but futile.

Studio mandates, composer insistence, wholly different recordings....so many variables.

I find myself annoyed or happy the album is included....but no way any label can satisfy everyone!

Spidey 1 is a no thanks for me. Full score and alternates...that's enough. So was First Knight....but the space was there and made it possible for inclusion of necessary, excellent alternates...so why not! Return to Oz is a win, as is The Fury.

We all have different opinions on which album programs were successful and important to maintain...and others that just strain our wallet.

Or, we lose both ways....hi there Clear & Present Danger (and yo Mutant, I'm on the FV Committee of The Ambush with you!!!).

Posted:   Dec 3, 2022 - 5:12 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

wholly different recording

I'll be the first one to praise the inclusion when it's a different recording. It shouldn't even be included in the discussion here, because, well, it's a different recording (though the issue if it adding a disc when it doesn't need to might be a different discussion)