Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 6, 2021 - 11:06 AM   
 By:   dragon53   (Member)

TUESDAY, JULY 6

LAMB---trailer released for the movie starring Noomi Rapace.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uX4OshOss0

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON---Milly Alcock will play the young Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Emily Carey will play the young Alicent Hightower in the GAME OF THRONES prequel series.

WOLVERINE---Hugh Jackman posted a photo of himself with Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige which led to fan speculation that Jackman may be returning as Wolverine.

STAR WARS---concept artist Matthew Savage released art of a possible D-wing Starfighter.

AVATAR---David Thewlis said he will play a Na'vi in three of the sequels, “Well, nothing could be more different than Avatar. It completely doesn’t resemble anything that I’ve ever done. I should be clear, by the way, cause I know that a magazine in Britain has got me in AVATAR 2, but I’m not in AVATAR 2. I’m going to be in AVATAR 3, which was shot at the same time as AVATAR 2, and the plan is that I will be in AVATAR 4 and 5, as well. I just wanted to clear that up because somebody got that wrong recently.”

THE WITCHER: BLOOD ORIGIN---Michelle Yeoh will play Scian, last of the nomadic sword-elves tribe in the prequel series.

THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE---synopsis and photo released from the Syfy remake of the 1982 slasher movie, “A new contemporary twist-filled reimagining of the 1982 slasher cult classic just in time for Halloween. A slumber party turns into a bloodbath, as a psychotic serial killer wielding a power drill disrupts the fun.”

JAMES GUNN---Warner Bros. producer Peter Safran said the studio hired James Gunn quickly after Walt Disney fired him over his controversial tweets, "So he got fired on a Friday in July, and on Tuesday Toby [Emmerich] came to me and said, 'Tell James Gunn that whatever he wants to do at Warner Bros., we want him for it. Just tell us what he wants to do.' So it was two [working] days later. So internal discussions were incredibly easy. It just felt like James did not merit the treatment that he got, and ultimately, Disney felt the same way and reversed their decision. But it was immediate... It was a really tough time, so it wasn't like he just wanted to jump back into something. So it took a little while to figure out what he wanted to do."

TRIVIA---Ronald Lacey is best known for playing Gestapo agent Arnold Toht in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, but Lacey returned to play SS leader Heinrich Himmler in the Adolf Hitler scene in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

Ronald Lacey is best known for playing Gestapo agent Arnold Toht in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

Lacey returned to play SS leader Heinrich Himmler (man in black uniform and glasses to the right of Elsa Schneider) in the Adolf Hitler scene in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE.

Posted:   Jul 6, 2021 - 11:17 AM   
 By:   Spinmeister   (Member)

Oh… For a moment there I thought that was a publicity shot of Jackman making a charity visit to some adult special needs facility.

Posted:   Jul 6, 2021 - 11:18 AM   
 By:   Xebec   (Member)

Ronald Lacey was great. He was also very good in Porridge, the TV series, where he played a snivelling coward. it's a shame he died so young, aged 55.

Posted:   Jul 6, 2021 - 12:03 PM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

STAR WARS---concept artist Matthew Savage released art of a possible D-wing Starfighter.

What a boring design. Basically half of a traditional flying saucer, with the cockpit and grills of the Batplane. I remember when Hollywood designed cool looking things. Also I don't think the X-Wing and Y-Wing were designed based off of the letters "X" and "Y". They just kinda resembled those letters in hind sight. Clearly the D-Wing's design starting point was based off of the letter "D"!

Posted:   Jul 6, 2021 - 8:25 PM   
 By:   Warlok   (Member)

I don't mind the SW fighter design. Depends on the context of the quality of the yarn.

Re. Avatar, I would not have revealed how many films I star in... that means we now know your character survives at least through to the last mentioned one.

Oh well. smile

Posted:   Jul 6, 2021 - 9:51 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

I don't mind the SW fighter design. Depends on the context of the quality of the yarn.

Re. Avatar, I would not have revealed how many films I star in... that means we now know your character survives at least through to the last mentioned one.

Oh well. smile

May be flashbacks, War...

Posted:   Jul 7, 2021 - 9:30 AM   
 By:   Michael Scorefan   (Member)

What a boring design. Basically half of a traditional flying saucer, with the cockpit and grills of the Batplane. I remember when Hollywood designed cool looking things. Also I don't think the X-Wing and Y-Wing were designed based off of the letters "X" and "Y". They just kinda resembled those letters in hind sight. Clearly the D-Wing's design starting point was based off of the letter "D"!

Supposedly the Millennium Falcon's design was inspired from a hamburger with a bite out of it, so inspiration for a great design can come from anywhere. That said, I agree that the design is pretty uninspiring. Not terrible, but nothing exciting either. Honestly, the same could be said for pretty much all of the Disney era ships. The only creative choice that I have genuinely liked since then was to change the coloring of the TIE Fighters from grey to black. Otherwise, meh. I wonder what this design is for? The new Rogue Squadron movie? Star Wars: The High Republic? One of the shows?

Posted:   Jul 7, 2021 - 9:53 AM   

Supposedly the Millennium Falcon's design was inspired from a hamburger with a bite out of it, so inspiration for a great design can come from anywhere. That said, I agree that the design is pretty uninspiring. Not terrible, but nothing exciting either. Honestly, the same could be said for pretty much all of the Disney era ships. The only creative choice that I have genuinely liked since then was to change the coloring of the TIE Fighters from grey to black. Otherwise, meh. I wonder what this design is for? The new Rogue Squadron movie? Star Wars: The High Republic? One of the shows?

The Falcon maybe basically round but its a lot more interesting from a design standpoint. It's not flat,
the cockpit is offset, the mandibles give the Falcon a sense of direction. It's got the sunken access bays, the sidewalls, the back grills, the side docking rings, the top and bottom guns. There's just so much interesting surface detail that breaks up the simplistic round shape. It really comes down to knowing how to create an interesting design instead of trying to emulate what came before.

Posted:   Feb 22, 2024 - 11:11 AM   

One got through! Reported!

Posted:   Feb 22, 2024 - 11:25 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

James Gunn, do not feel sorry for him at all

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 1:04 AM   
 By:   Adventures of Jarre Jarre   (Member)

• So he got fired...
    So it was two [working] days...
    So internal discussions...
    So it took a little while...

Modern discourse is so-so.

•  
     Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 1:07 AM   

• STAR WARS---concept artist Matthew Savage released art of a possible D-wing Starfighter.

Oh goody, another thing Hasbro will ignore. big grin

•  
     Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 5:10 AM   

I know the designers on a Empire considered “kit bashing” a Y-Wing into a Snow Speeder but they then came to their senses. Practically every new space ship design look like they took the OG ships and put them into a blender and spit out something egregious.The designs are shite.

Posted:   Feb 23, 2024 - 11:25 AM   

• I know the designers on a Empire considered “kit bashing” a Y-Wing into a Snow Speeder but they then came to their senses. Practically every new space ship design look like they took the OG ships and put them into a blender and spit out something egregious.The designs are shite.

For me, it's a matter of silhouette, which is helpful during hastened battle scenes. N-1s and X-Wings are unique and easily identifiable on first sight. This just looks like a wedge, and I don't mean Antilles. It's the GoBays of starships.

•