Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Sep 28, 2020 - 8:14 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

Oh I like to think that was all understood but just the same it is nice of you to take the time to state what you have in terms so plain and concise as to leave no room for misinterpretation. As for your last sentence, the pleasure is mine. Cheers.

I thought this would be a simple exercise of music appreciation yet it just evolved into a more intricate labor of love as my eyes were opened up via information and resources that kept coming. Should have known better, it's happened all the time at this place.

But I did not expect to have to deal with a 3rd re-recording when the idea of giving WD the full treatment first emerged! I mean you go into this thing having pretty firm ideas based on what you have had for a while--mono OST suites and a pair of stereo redos--and now you find out another redo came out just a few months ago.

The key was to leave room to be pleasantly surprised. And so the joke is on me, that compilation is in no way the one I expected to deliver going in. The ears, however, don't lie. I even went back to the Intro a couple nights ago to make sure it was a true toss-up, I don't like ties and believe in extra innings and OT periods. Too bad, this was not a competition so much as a celebration i.e. hey everybody, can it get any better than this?!

I'm glad all the re-recordings are represented in the hit parade.

Posted:   Sep 28, 2020 - 10:11 PM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

I am happy to have been included in your final list among such excellent company.

Michael M.

I'm sure you're not looking for "notes" here, but may I say, your "Walking Distance" is terrific, and in one word, authentic. You captured it.

Posted:   Sep 29, 2020 - 5:02 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

I've checked on Netflix (Hulu is not available in Norway), and alas, the show is not there. But I'll get to it somehow, and at some point. Does anyone know which of the episodes featured Williams on piano?

I guess it's a little late--yeah, very late roll eyes--but I've been able to watch it a couple times here even though I'm not a member. Commercial breaks, beware:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/the-twilight-zone-classic/video/621784048/the-twilight-zone-walking-distance

Posted:   Sep 29, 2020 - 5:32 PM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

I am happy to have been included in your final list among such excellent company.

Michael M.

Expect a call from Quentin Tarantino for his remake of the episode as....KILLING DISTANCE.

Here's a shot from a deleted scene when Martin Sloan meets the twin sister he never had after he changed the past.