Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Aug 1, 2020 - 2:37 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

Well I finished my 1000 piece puzzle today! It took me five days. Now what do I do?

Do it again but upside down. Not you upside down, obviously, but with the picture side down on the table...

Two jigsaw puzzles for the price of one. Happy Yorkshire Day!

Hi Tall Guy! That's not a bad idea, but I want to frame it now. But I did find another movie poster collage puzzle that looks pretty cool.

Posted:   Aug 1, 2020 - 3:38 PM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

Well I finished my 1000 piece puzzle today! It took me five days. Now what do I do?

Take it apart and do it again. Maybe you can do it in 3 days?

Posted:   Aug 1, 2020 - 10:50 PM   
 By:   Jehannum   (Member)

Hell is an infinite jigsaw puzzle. Actually, Hell is a medium-sized jigsaw puzzle. I hate the bloody things.

Posted:   Aug 2, 2020 - 1:53 AM   
 By:   MusicMad   (Member)

Hell is an infinite jigsaw puzzle. Actually, Hell is a medium-sized jigsaw puzzle. I hate the bloody things.

But they're so therapeutic!

This is one which I found challenging (I'm posting this to see if I can get this right ... otherwise all you'll see is a line of text smile)

Posted:   Aug 2, 2020 - 9:10 AM   
 By:   Jehannum   (Member)

Weird. I was just leafing through one of Mrs Jehannum's magazines when I saw an advert for jigsaw puzzles based on old English county maps. They actually look interesting. I just don't have enough patience and the payoff for completing them seems very mininal.

Posted:   Aug 2, 2020 - 3:38 PM   
 By:   KeV McG   (Member)

Haha, yes, there is that WTF do I do with this now feeling, the 3 years later, when you've finally completed it.

Posted:   Aug 2, 2020 - 3:40 PM   
 By:   joan hue   (Member)

MusicMad, that puzzle you posted must have very rigorous. Bravo.

Posted:   Aug 2, 2020 - 7:58 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Weird. I was just leafing through one of Mrs Jehannum's magazines when I saw an advert for jigsaw puzzles based on old English county maps. They actually look interesting. I just don't have enough patience and the payoff for completing them seems very mininal.

Haha, yes, there is that WTF do I do with this now feeling, the 3 years later, when you've finally completed it.

I know right? There isn't really a payoff, more like a sudden void in my life. Like, okay I did it, now what?

But I think its not about the payoff but the journey. There's something therapeutic about reverting back to a child like frame of mind where your matching basic forms and shapes into a larger image.

Posted:   Aug 2, 2020 - 8:26 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

I like to frame them when I'm finished, some have really cool artwork. And they're more sturdy then posters.

Posted:   Aug 3, 2020 - 1:51 AM   
 By:   KeV McG   (Member)

"There's something therapeutic about reverting back to a child like frame of mind where your matching basic forms and shapes into a larger image"
--------------------
Yes Indeedy.
And look at all those adult colouring books that are now big sellers!