Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 23, 2020 - 11:36 AM   
 By:   Uhtred   (Member)

On the latest Black Widow posters issued to cinemas, Desplats name is credited, not Balfe. I don't know if this is a misprint, or whether things have changed again.

Posted:   Sep 23, 2020 - 1:23 PM   
 By:   Isaac The Red   (Member)

On the latest Black Widow posters issued to cinemas, Desplats name is credited, not Balfe. I don't know if this is a misprint, or whether things have changed again.

Maybe this means both Balfe and Desplat have recorded their scores.
It reminds me of the Suicide Squad situation where according to HybridSoldier both Steven Price and Tom Holkenborg wrote and recorded a score.
They chose Price's score because it scored better with test audiences.
It's possible that the same thing happened in the case of Black Widow, which is now going to be released in May 2021, apparently.

Posted:   Sep 23, 2020 - 1:47 PM   
 By:   Khan   (Member)

Well, the poster that's on Disney's site and their Facebook page with a November 8 release date do show Desplat as the composer.

Did they ship out new posters already? Because Desplat did confirm back in May that he was OFF Black Widow.

Posted:   Sep 23, 2020 - 2:40 PM   
 By:   Uhtred   (Member)

Did they ship out new posters already? Because Desplat did confirm back in May that he was OFF Black Widow.

The new posters came in a couple of weeks ago. I thought that meant Disney were definitely going ahead with it for November, but I guess I'll be taking them down again.

Posted:   Sep 25, 2020 - 2:42 AM   
 By:   Makooti   (Member)

Could be a Ghost in the Shell/Ad Astra scenario where Balfe didn't necessarily replace the composer entirely, just some of his material.