Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Mar 24, 2020 - 6:49 PM   
 By:   That Neil Guy   (Member)

Didn't see this mentioned. New book titled Music by Max Steiner: The Epic Life of Hollywood's Most Influential Composer.

https://amzn.to/2vLpvyX

Posted:   Mar 25, 2020 - 2:05 PM   
 By:   RonBurbella   (Member)

I'm greatly looking forward to this book. Pre-ordered the print edition. Stephen Smith did a great job with Bernard Herrman's biography and I'm sure he will do it again.

It's available in a Kindle edition now, but I don't do Kindle unless I am forced to do it, as with David Raksin's autobiography.

Ron Burbella

Posted:   Mar 26, 2020 - 7:36 AM   
 By:   That Neil Guy   (Member)

It's available in a Kindle edition now, but I don't do Kindle unless I am forced to do it, as with David Raksin's autobiography.

Ron Burbella

I've found that I much prefer Kindle now. I've got multiple hundreds of print books in my house, but I find it so easy and convenient to read on my phone that I now do most of my reading in the Kindle app instead of with an actual book. I never would have imagined that could be the case, and yet here we are.

Posted:   Mar 26, 2020 - 2:50 PM   
 By:   Tom Servo   (Member)

Ron Burbella

I've found that I much prefer Kindle now. I've got multiple hundreds of print books in my house, but I find it so easy and convenient to read on my phone that I now do most of my reading in the Kindle app instead of with an actual book. I never would have imagined that could be the case, and yet here we are.

I tried going the same route in terms of getting my books on a Kindle or e-reader... and then I would forget that I owned them! It seems that unless its a hard copy sitting on my nightstand or coffee table, I forget I was reading it.

Posted:   Mar 28, 2020 - 12:33 PM   
 By:   Dana Wilcox   (Member)

I tried going the same route in terms of getting my books on a Kindle or e-reader... and then I would forget that I owned them! It seems that unless its a hard copy sitting on my nightstand or coffee table, I forget I was reading it.

Anything I can do some way other than on an electronic device, I much prefer to do it that way. Love real books, hate eye strain and trouble getting to sleep from being on a screen.

Posted:   Mar 28, 2020 - 12:36 PM   
 By:   Ed   (Member)

From Steven C. Smith, author of Bernard Herrmann: A Heart at Fire's Center.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2020 - 4:42 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

I'm greatly looking forward to this book. On author Steven Smith's Facebook page there is a lot of discussion about it. Amazon still has a release date for the hardcover book on May 1st. Don't miss it!