Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 5, 2021 - 2:40 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

An all English final...well, sort of.

Heh!

How ridiculous to plan the final to be held in Turkey under the current conditions. Surely Germany, France, Italy or somewhere else more central would have been infinitely more sensible. Apparently they’re allowing 8,000 fans to travel from the UK into a locked down country.

Use the extremities of Europe in better times. And I include the UK in that.

Posted:   May 5, 2021 - 2:53 PM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

We are going to hear the words 'miracle of Istanbul' a lot in the next month.

Posted:   May 5, 2021 - 9:57 PM   
 By:   Xebec   (Member)

Citeh v Chelsea and only one can lose. Shame.

Usually i'd be happy about 2 English teams getting to the final and also seeing Sergio Ramos get knocked out of anything, but it just may as well not be happening. Two teams i never cared for who have recently been as big a scumbags as you can get into trying to push a Super League, and an almost empty stadium. Nah.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 1:27 AM   
 By:   KeV McG   (Member)

Indeed Xeb.
With one aiming to be the next Nottingham Forest (2 Euro Cups) while the other just wanting to equal Aston Villa (1 Euro Cup).

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 2:39 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

I also find it all a bit odd, people cheering the fact the two teams are from the Premier League (2nd time in 3 seasons it must be said) like they are rooting for the product. Weird enough cheering on teams you don't support, but that is particularly sad.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 4:11 AM   

Odd Thomas? (sorry)

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 4:25 AM   

I had to Google that reference Kev. Nevaheardofit!!

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 5:21 AM   

Haha!
Carole is a Dean Koontz fan and has read most of his novels (I prefer Stephen King).
I cheated and watched the film for that one.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 7:23 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

I had to Google that reference Kev. Nevaheardofit!!

Never seen odd thomas? Where ya been?

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 11:29 AM   

I also find it all a bit odd, people cheering the fact the two teams are from the Premier League (2nd time in 3 seasons it must be said) like they are rooting for the product. Weird enough cheering on teams you don't support, but that is particularly sad.

I'm always happier English teams are doing well because as little interest as I have in whoever they are, I've absolutely zero interest in Real Madrid and any other foreign team. Pretty simple, really. Nothing to do with a product.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 2:10 PM   

I'm with Xebec. I'd like to see all English teams do well in Europe. Also the Scottish ones. And the Irish, although they never get very far.

Europa League final Villarreal vs Manchester United.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 2:29 PM   

That's how the Premier League promotes itself around the world, as a product. Rooting for teams you don't support just because they are from your domestic league is the worst outcome of the corporate branding of football and makes a mockery of supporting a team at all. It would never be a thing in Germany or Italy or Spain. I don't care about Real Madrid either, the exact same way I don't care about the two teams in the final.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 2:48 PM   

You're overthinking.

And Germans and Spaniard don't support their home country teams if they're playing English or other foreign teams? Really? That sounds unlikely and simply not true. Also it was happening before the premier league became a thing.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 2:53 PM   

Going by that logic then, you think Kev and I will be supporting Manc Utd in the Europa League final?

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 3:00 PM   

No, but I never said you had to.

(I think this is a real-life minute conversation where we'd all shrug our shoulders about a non-issue, that I feel we're needlessly drawing out).

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 11:35 PM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Going by that logic then, you think Kev and I will be supporting Manc Utd in the Europa League final?

If you did id get you banned from not just our thread, but fsm, all zooms, liverpool veteran supporters association, Matalan, lidls, and the country club. Lol.

Posted:   May 7, 2021 - 4:09 AM   
 By:   Rameau   (Member)

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is suing the Premier League because they put the kybosh on the sale of the club to some Saudi Arabian buyers last year. I'd have thought that it's a bit late for the Premier League to be too fussy about who owns the clubs.

As Ashley still hopes to sell the club to the same buyers, I'd think this is a, back off, message to the Premier League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57017152

Posted:   May 7, 2021 - 10:16 AM   

Government says fans should not travel to Turkey for Champions League final and is looking to switch the location

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57029583