Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 8, 2019 - 1:24 PM   
 By:   ghost of 82   (Member)

Hmm, that's an interesting tracklist. There's certainly stuff on Disc 3 and 4 that are worthy of inclusion in a '2-disc definitive' edition. But tricky fitting everything in isn't it! I must say I enjoy the flow of discs 1 & 2, but I listened to disc 3 today and yeah, there's some other stuff on there... its funny, while that's the 'proper' or 'official' OST that I listened to for years, after listening to the original score it really sounds like a disc of alternates and suites, and stuff obviously not in the movie, making it really feel like, well, a disc 3 in an expanded La La set, you know, an 'extras' disc. Its weird.

Wow. Everytime I look at this TRL set I have a 'pinch me' moment. Its so great. Can't believe it isn't sold out already. I know it's expensive, but some people think Zimmer is some kind of musical God, so I'd have thought anything with his name on would sell, especially his greatest opus. Go figure.

Posted:   Jul 8, 2019 - 3:05 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

I'm working on version that interpolated d.3 and 4 into one semi- chronological. 2 disc. Program.

I think I have played the score CDs every weekend since I received it!

Posted:   Jul 8, 2019 - 3:13 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

What a fantastic release! I’m so thankful to not only have the full score as recorded for the film, but a better quality version of the soundtrack album as well. Thank you to everyone who put in the effort to make the release possible!

Did you do an A and B comparison of the two releases?
What did you hear that differentiated them?