Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jan 15, 2022 - 6:41 AM   
 By:   Ron Pulliam   (Member)

Thought the Branagh version of 'Orient Express' was one of the worst films i've ever seen !
Watched the 1978 version immediately after to wash away the bad experience

AMEN! And Doyle's score for it was a huge disappointment for me.

Posted:   Jan 15, 2022 - 7:54 AM   
 By:   Luc Van der Eeken   (Member)

They played a cue called Bourgeois Nightmare, which sounded like source music. Very classical and very Doyle.

They also played a cue called 'The Cost of Love', which had a very dramatic, beautiful and dark love theme. Doyle melodrama at its best. You're all going to love this.

I know I will! And I thought the first film was brilliant and the cue Justice is one of the best he's ever written.

Posted:   Jan 15, 2022 - 8:19 AM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

I overlooked Patrick Doyle's score to MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS when it first came out in 2017. Thankfully ,I found it on Amazon a few months ago. It is a beautiful score and I am sure Mr.Doyle has done the same with DEATH ON THE NILE. I truly hope there will be a CD release.

Posted:   Jan 15, 2022 - 8:27 AM   
 By:   Bond1965   (Member)

I overlooked Patrick Doyle's score to MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS when it first came out in 2017. Thankfully ,I found it on Amazon a few months ago. It is a beautiful score and I am sure Mr.Doyle has done the same with DEATH ON THE NILE. I truly hope there will be a CD release.

Doubtful about a CD release. Hollywood Records has the rights and they aren't doing CD releases of soundtracks.