Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Apr 30, 2019 - 8:58 PM   
 By:   other tallguy   (Member)

No. that was in 1997! lol! razz

Arrrgh. I can't resist: You're insane! Casablanca was in 1942 and I'm not watching that in 16:9!

Posted:   Apr 30, 2019 - 9:31 PM   
 By:   MutualRevolver   (Member)

Is there any kind of "map" of what's on the Trilogy and how it relates to the score as it's in the film?

This might help: http://bladerunnermusic.blogspot.com/2009/02/chronological-order.html

Posted:   Apr 30, 2019 - 9:59 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

How much of LEONS ROOM was actually used in the Final Cut. Hard to hear any.

Posted:   Apr 30, 2019 - 11:11 PM   
 By:   jkruppa   (Member)

"Leon's Room" has generally been referred to on the boots as "Esper Analysis," the scene after "Deckard's Dream." The whole track is present in the film.

That "map" linked above should note that "Desolation Path" was only used in the Workprint, but the rest is solid. The anonymous comment below that post is largely accurate, however.

Posted:   Apr 30, 2019 - 11:23 PM   
 By:   jkruppa   (Member)

Is there any kind of "map" of what's on the Trilogy and how it relates to the score as it's in the film?

I have to say that THE COMPLETE SCORE is one of the more "listenable" versions of the score that I've heard. But I do need my Full Blade Runner Blues.

I'm glad you like it. Even though I personally find the Complete Score more satisfyingly reflective of the movie itself than other comps (especially the duel at the end), I've cut together a slightly different version of the comp myself just for listening. I like hearing all of the harp source music, and a longer version of Deckard's Dream, and less of Leon's Interrogation. There'll never be a comp of this music that satisfies everyone, but I'm glad I was able to dig some stuff out of those 5.1 channels that we hadn't had before so we can have as much material to mix and match as we please.

I also think it's interesting to be able to compare what the composer did vs how the director and editor used the music in any film where there's a considerable variation between the two like this film. Alien is another excellent example.

Posted:   May 1, 2019 - 9:18 AM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

"Leon's Room" has generally been referred to on the boots as "Esper Analysis," the scene after "Deckard's Dream." The whole track is present in the film.

That "map" linked above should note that "Desolation Path" was only used in the Workprint, but the rest is solid. The anonymous comment below that post is largely accurate, however.

Thanks.
I thought it was the scene after his.murder when Deckard is looking for clues in his room.