Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 14, 2020 - 3:02 AM   
 By:   Tino2342   (Member)

Got mine. I am wondering about the actual material of this re-pressing. The CDs themselves have something of a slightly gold finish (coat). Usually CDs are just silver. It's not as gold as a SACD pressing or a Blu-Ray, but it has some gold in it, wondering why that is.

Another thing is the paper. Very thick and smooth. Noticeable is the back inlay/back insert to me. The spines are NOT perforated and the title "The Rocketeer" on each spine is printed slightly differently, there are small variations in color, position and resolution.

Anyone else noticed this? Probably a new pressing plant?

Cheers! smile

Posted:   Jul 14, 2020 - 5:22 AM   
 By:   JTWfan77   (Member)

Interesting. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, particularly the goldish disc aspect. Any chance you could post some pics?

Posted:   Jul 14, 2020 - 9:28 AM   

Interesting. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, particularly the goldish disc aspect. Any chance you could post some pics?

Yes, of course...

Left CD is The Rocketeer, right is Legends of the Fall:

https://mega.nz/file/r25F1KZK#KsHm6m1xee0M1sPpMuQQqing7s8JPQqza1pMf6oEqdE

And the spines front and back:

https://mega.nz/file/LvphTCDa#rjkf7IxHpBzwuJg9sRLeXuODFe0Am_ocKUh1wyuDQwk

https://mega.nz/file/2uxVxICI#2Nh_VM9QEKhr08HrmsaWNAXlEHv2vpKFAStGkCGFKJ0

Posted:   Jul 14, 2020 - 4:46 PM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

Well my CD1 doesn't rip properly. I had to use a matching track from disc 2. Not saying the coloured disc is a fault in the manufacture but... maybe it is.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2020 - 5:43 PM   
 By:   Traveling Matt   (Member)

Not sure about the tray cards, but those discs came from two different manufacturers. The one on the left came from Discmakers, a smaller outfit in New Jersey. It's not gold, it's silver alloy with a different hue.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2020 - 3:58 AM   
 By:   HuGsY   (Member)

No issue with my CDs. But just like Tino, the spines look weird.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2020 - 4:23 AM   

Well my CD1 doesn't rip properly. I had to use a matching track from disc 2. Not saying the coloured disc is a fault in the manufacture but... maybe it is.

That‘s something that happens to me from time to time as well. Last time was with the Disney The Lion King Legacy Edition, my computer CD drive just refused to read it. V for Vendetta and Batman Begins always make trouble as well or just take ages until my drive recognizes them. But they work fine in my regular Hi-Fi CD player.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2020 - 4:25 AM   

No issue with my CDs. But just like Tino, the spines look weird.

Right? Seems to be a pressing plant thing. But I really like the paper quality, thick and heavy and somewhat smooth. smile

Posted:   Jul 15, 2020 - 10:56 AM   
 By:   JTWfan77   (Member)

Thanks for the pics Tino2342