Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Nov 20, 2023 - 11:40 PM   
 By:   Bill Carson, Earl of Poncey   (Member)

Lol. Times are hard, joan, world recession. Don't expect much, except maybe best wishes and appreciation of your tastes. Normally. wink

Posted:   Nov 21, 2023 - 7:07 AM   
 By:   joan hue   (Member)

Normally? Oh, okay. I'll take those best wishes and your friendship.

Posted:   Nov 21, 2023 - 7:14 AM   

That goes without saying.

P.s i miss edw too.

Posted:   Nov 26, 2023 - 11:36 PM   

Who is Erin Carter? On netflix
Not bad. Woman (with spec ops skillset) on the run with young child sets up home as a teacher in Barcelona but when she intervenes in a supermarket hold up, she attracts old enemies n naked new ones.
Lead is good, some acting bit iffy n wooden but otherwise held me for its 7 episodes. 7.8 out of 10

Posted:   Dec 12, 2023 - 11:18 AM   

S1 Mayfair witches wasn't bad.

S5 Rocco Schiavone still great.

I was late to the party but Ted Lasso is pure genius. Sadly only a few episodes to go.

S1 s2 n s3 Slow Horses with Gary Oldman superb is very decent.

Posted:   Dec 12, 2023 - 11:29 AM   
 By:   Scott McOldsmith   (Member)

Rewatching The Sopranos for the first time since it ended. So many things happened a lot more quickly than I remember, probably because I don't have to wait so long for a new season. I'm almost at the midpoint of the final year.

I also forgot that it's simultaneously a very funny and very unpleasant series. I hate absolutely everyone. Except maybe Carmela. She feels like the closest thing to a victim among the regulars.

Also funny is how the characters who feel the most real are those outside of Tony Soprano's "crew." Everyone in the organization is a cartoon character. Tony himself is tragic, you really feel like - given a second chance - he'd never have chose that life. The only people who really give a shit about him are his family and precious few outside friends.

Brilliant series but I feel like I need a shower if I watch too many in a row.

Posted:   Dec 12, 2023 - 12:06 PM   

We are watching on Netflix World War II: The Front Line. It has been a great documentary that uses live front-line footage.

Posted:   Dec 18, 2023 - 3:15 AM   
 By:   Rameau   (Member)

Wednesday on Netflix, an offshoot of The Adams Family, & all very stylish. I've seen two episodes so far, there's eight episodes in all & the first four are directed by Tim Burton (with music by Danny Elfman) - I see it's getting a second season.

I tried One Piece on Netflix, but I gave up after half an hour. It's a sort of hunt for treasure by various pirates & others, maybe in a fantasy world. It seems to be aimed at 10 years olds, but with violent & bloody scenes, is it from a book or a game? I dunno, but I gave it a (short) go.

Posted:   Dec 18, 2023 - 3:21 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

Game of Thrones

Currently in season 3.

Posted:   Dec 18, 2023 - 3:27 AM   

Game of Thrones

Currently in season 3.

I bought the 4K box set, & re-watched it up to the end of series three & really enjoyed it (& it does look fantastic), but then I thought I'd give it a rest, that was about 6-7 months ago, so I may do a couple of seasons over the holidays (& I still haven't seen the last season yet).

Posted:   Dec 18, 2023 - 3:41 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

Yeah, we're watching it on the 4K bluray set as well. So the TV show is a feast for the eyes and ears. Great looking. It's the first time I'm watching the show (yes, I'm late to the game, I'm somewhat hesitant to invest time in a TV series.)

Posted:   Dec 18, 2023 - 3:46 AM   

Wednesday is fantastic.
Thing steals the show!

Posted:   Dec 18, 2023 - 8:12 AM   

We watched the first 3 episodes of REACHER. They were spectacular. Great story line with action and a lot of humor. Now we have to wait each week to see the next episode. Bummer.

Posted:   Jan 1, 2024 - 7:55 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

We have splashed out for an Apple+ subscription and are watching Slow Horses Series 1.......Just watched episode 3. Loving it, excellent performances, intriguing plot lines, clever dialogue.

Posted:   Jan 1, 2024 - 8:02 AM   

Peter, Slow horses is great. Oldman fantastic. Series 3 is the best so far. There's an advert for s4 at the end of s3 but I didn't wanna see it n spoil anything.

Make sure you watch Ted lasso too.

Invasion and monarch both a bit wank.

Posted:   Jan 2, 2024 - 4:21 AM   
 By:   Hurdy Gurdy   (Member)

PLATFORM 7

4 part ITV ghost mystery drama, which borrows quite heavily from the Patrick Swayze film GHOST, but is a nice change of pace from the usual miserable/bent/sadistic coppers and serial killer/nonce glorifications that make up 90% of TV dramas these days.
I was quite excited to see Ep4, after ghost girl discovers her ability to move objects and fight back against her murderer.

Posted:   Jan 2, 2024 - 8:53 AM   

I just finished season 3 of HAPPY VALLEY. Loved it. Sorry there won't be a season 4.

James Norton was certainly a surprise in this series. He was the saintly reverend in Grantchester and a marvelous and truly evil psychopath in Happy Valley.

Posted:   Jan 2, 2024 - 8:56 AM   
 By:   John McMasters   (Member)

Just got the blu-ray complete set of "Psych" which I love. Watched the first episode which I haven't seen in years. Great great fun with an enjoyable ensemble cast.

Posted:   Jan 7, 2024 - 1:05 PM   

I finally started watching my Dexter: Now Blood Blu-ray box set. Two episodes in & I'm enjoying it, so different from the main series: cool snow instead of sunny Miami & a flat almost smoky picture instead of the colourful punchy visuals of Miami.

Posted:   Jan 15, 2024 - 7:36 AM   

True detective series 4 "night country" with jodie Foster has started intriguingly. Ep1 so far.
Workers at an arctic scientific centre go inexplicably missing just as last sun sets for their dark 11 weeks of polar night. Foster investigating.
Anyone in uk its on sky atlantic 9pm tonight.
I grabbed the 2am version.

Even if it's half as good as s1, s2 n s3 it will be great.