Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 3:25 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

If only I got a dime for every time someone cried they didn't get a CD of "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny".

Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 3:57 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

If only I got a dime for every time someone cried they didn't get a CD of "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny".

I snagged several copies before they disappeared. Anyone want one?

Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 8:01 AM   
 By:   jenkwombat   (Member)

Everything on your list is classic.. except once upon a time in hollywood...doesnt deserve to be in that company...lol

I think Jenk spelt “America” incorrectly.

I wasn't bored by "...in Hollywood" at all.

Anyway, I might have added "Once Upon a time in America", but sadly, I'm one of the few people left on Earth who has never seen the long version of it; Every time I ever tried to watch it, whether it was cable TV or VHS, I ended up with the hacked-up version, which most people tell me is not worth your time. Anyway, I remember being underwhelmed by that cut of the film... frown

Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 8:05 AM   

Yeah, I know. Silly that people on a film music message board would actually want to have a John Williams score CD, to an Indiana Jones movie no less, in their collection.

wink

Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 10:07 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Everything on your list is classic.. except once upon a time in hollywood...doesnt deserve to be in that company...lol

I think Jenk spelt “America” incorrectly.

I wasn't bored by "...in Hollywood" at all.

Anyway, I might have added "Once Upon a time in America", but sadly, I'm one of the few people left on Earth who has never seen the long version of it; Every time I ever tried to watch it, whether it was cable TV or VHS, I ended up with the hacked-up version, which most people tell me is not worth your time. Anyway, I remember being underwhelmed by that cut of the film... frown

What are you trying to do, start a nerd war or something?

Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 10:22 AM   
 By:   Prince Damian   (Member)

That is why, in polite circles, it is known as the underwhelmed cut.smile

Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 3:59 PM   

Yeah, I know. Silly that people on a film music message board would actually want to have a John Williams score CD, to an Indiana Jones movie no less, in their collection.

wink

In other words I posted in the right thread. big grin

Posted:   Aug 20, 2023 - 4:28 PM   

wink

In other words I posted in the right thread. big grin

Who's arguing? (Or more accurately, "Who's warring"?) big grin

Posted:   Aug 22, 2023 - 5:37 PM   
 By:   Sir David of Garland   (Member)

Who is Joan Crawford?

smile

Posted:   Aug 24, 2023 - 10:39 AM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

Billy Zane completely stole "Titanic".

Posted:   Aug 24, 2023 - 5:11 PM   

Jackson's LOTR could have been a decent 3-hour roadshow.

In fact, if they take out all those endless fly-by's and slo-mo's, and it'll be way-less than 3 hours, even with an overture, intermission and exit music.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2023 - 5:27 PM   
 By:   Viscount Bark   (Member)

I listened to the Dial of Destiny score album on YouTube. More like Dial for Dullness. Who needs it?

Posted:   Aug 24, 2023 - 5:53 PM   

Jackson's LOTR could have been a decent 3-hour roadshow.

In fact, if they take out all those endless fly-by's and slo-mo's, and it'll be way-less than 3 hours, even with an overture, intermission and exit music.

No joke, I wish I had the skill to copy the Blu Rays and edit them down into two hour movies!

Posted:   Aug 24, 2023 - 5:56 PM   

Only a nerd watches the price of fresh fruit every week.

Posted:   Aug 24, 2023 - 8:01 PM   

Only a nerd *eats* fresh fruit, or any kind of healthy food for that matter, every day. Twinkies forever!

Posted:   Aug 25, 2023 - 1:42 AM   
 By:   Rick15   (Member)

Only a nerd *eats* fresh fruit, or any kind of healthy food for that matter, every day. Twinkies forever!

Check Mate.

Posted:   Aug 25, 2023 - 6:30 AM   

Check Mate.

Only a bigger nerd tries to one up another nerd.

Posted:   Aug 26, 2023 - 2:24 AM   

Check Mate.

Well, for my part, I plead "Guilty"!!

Posted:   Aug 26, 2023 - 7:57 AM   
 By:   Indy1981   (Member)

Thank God for Hans Zimmer (or whoever composes his scores)!

Posted:   Aug 26, 2023 - 3:56 PM   

Check Mate.

should be "tries to out-nerd"! smile