Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 25, 2015 - 6:04 PM   
 By:   craig2   (Member)

Fewer than 18 hours left!!

Posted:   May 25, 2015 - 9:54 PM   
 By:   Mr. Jack   (Member)

Since I came into some money recently, I decided to spoil myself...this is my biggest wallow in FSM purchases since the "buy $100, get three CDs free" promo from the end of 2013. smile

1 FSM0409 BETWEEN HEAVEN AND HELL / SOLDIER OF FORTUNE
14.95 14.95
1 FSM1216 THE FIVE MAN ARMY (THE 5 MAN ARMY)
19.95 19.95
1 FSM0709 JULIUS CAESAR
19.95 19.95
1 FSM1211 WHOSE LIFE IS IT ANYWAY?
16.95 16.95
1 FSM0104 THE RETURN OF DRACULA, I BURY THE LIVING, THE CABINET OF CALIGARI, MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
24.95 24.95
1 FSM1303 WHITE DOG
19.95 19.95
1 FSM1018 DARK OF THE SUN
19.95 19.95
1 FSM1502 IT'S ALIVE
19.95 19.95
1 FSM1310 DRAGON SEED
24.95 24.95
1 FSM0411 THE BEST OF EVERYTHING
14.95 14.95
1 FSM0707 THE FASTEST GUN ALIVE / HOUSE OF NUMBERS
19.95 19.95
1 FSM1015 KINGS ROW / THE SEA WOLF
24.95 24.95
1 FSM1404 TELEFON / HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT
19.95 19.95
1 FSM1402 RICH AND FAMOUS / ONE IS A LONELY NUMBER
19.95 19.95
SUBTOTAL: $281.30
SHIPPING & HANDLING: $19.55
DISCOUNT: -$84.39
TOTAL DUE: $216.46

With a combo of sound clips, albums I've been meaning to buy and simply wanting to get some scores from composers I've never owned before (like Erich Wolfgang Korngold), I think I came up with a solid selection of titles (and I believe grabbing Julius Caesar means I now own the complete run of FSM's Rozsa titles). Thanks for the awesome deal as always, Lukas...I sometimes think that at least a fourth of not more of my FSM collection counts as free due to various discounts over the years (remember the run of $9.99 FSM titles sold by Amazon about a decade back?).

Posted:   May 25, 2015 - 10:22 PM   
 By:   ZapBrannigan   (Member)

I don't have nearly as many FSM titles as some of you guys, but I did manage on my budget to get the grails I needed: THE OMEGA MAN, SUPERMAN, KING KONG, TIME AFTER TIME, and the STAR TREKs. [WHOSE LIFE did not become a favorite until after I started playing the CD, due to less familiarity with the film.]

My only big regret is that I did not see KLUTE (on TCM) until it was too late to buy the CD. That's a goodie and I missed it. Still, I got some nice ones.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 6:30 AM   

FEWER THAN FOUR HOURS TO GO!!!!!

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 7:10 AM   
 By:   jedizim   (Member)

Ordered Poltergeist since I had not gotten around to that one yet.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 8:53 AM   

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 9:03 AM   
 By:   GoblinScore   (Member)

Thanks Craig for THE awesomest customer service this morning on my 'Hur' sized faux-pas.
You lot are the best, but we knew that already!

-Sean

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 9:42 AM   
 By:   AMAFilmScoreFan   (Member)

Thank you (Lukas/FSM and SAE) for this sale. These FSM sales always help me to try something new and get some albums that are, for me, more unknown than known. I have always been more than pleased with all of my FSM albums and expect that trend to continue.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 10:09 AM   
 By:   Mike Esssss   (Member)

Thank you (Lukas/FSM and SAE) for this sale. These FSM sales always help me to try something new and get some albums that are, for me, more unknown than known.

Yup, DARK OF THE SUN is that for me in my sale order.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 10:58 AM   
 By:   smuli of finland   (Member)

iz noon est already? an online clock says it ain't. the code ain't workin tho.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 11:14 AM   
 By:   Chris Avis   (Member)

It was noon Eastern Standard Time that the sale expired... it's not yet noon here on the west coast yet though.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 11:54 AM   

It was noon Eastern Standard Time that the sale expired... it's not yet noon here on the west coast yet though.

shirley enuf, the first google result says EST time now and the clock was not yet noon.
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/est
so once again i micksed up them time zones? BooYaa, BaBy!

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 12:29 PM   
 By:   Isaac The Red   (Member)

Well, Smuli. I recommend that you follow the EDT (eastern daylight time) timezone during spring and summer and the Eastern standard time during winter.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 12:57 PM   
 By:   MusicMaker   (Member)

Took advantage of the sale and picked up:

Raintree County
Tootsie
Heavy Metal
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Poltergeist

Wanted many more, of course. Oh, to have unlimited funds... Looks like I got one of the very last Twilight Zones, since it appears that just a couple hours later (if not sooner) it was no longer available.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 1:26 PM   
 By:   Gary S.   (Member)

Now I'm wishing I didn't pay off a certain bill. Was it necessary? Yes. But what're they gonna do, shut off my power

I'm in the same boat except it involves being evicted from my home of 15 years as the office has been struggling of late and I haven't been able to pay myself...sigh....the last 2 winters have been very rough on my business.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 1:27 PM   

Well, Smuli. I recommend that you follow the EDT (eastern daylight time) timezone during spring and summer and the Eastern standard time during winter.

I was lazy and just believed the first clock that google gave me. Next time I shall check another source, or several to be sure. I'm okay with time zones, but I wish they'd cancel these daylight saving things. The daylight saving doesn't even start on the same date in countries that use it. The last time I messed up with this was some LLL release and I missed out on autographs.
The TV show Sledge Hammer! featured a good joke about daylight savings, when Sledge got poisoned. I believe it's based on a true story, even.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 1:34 PM   
 By:   Gary S.   (Member)

Only 50 Bernstein box sets remaining. I can't imagine anyone will ever make more of these—the hardcover book alone cost a fortune to print!

Lukas

And I have enjpoyed every minute I have played the cds in this boxed set, along with the Superman box, The Rosza Box, The Black Box. Wish I had the money right now for the Ron Jones box.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 2:28 PM   
 By:   Neilbucket   (Member)

I was finally able to pick up the The Miklós Rózsa Treasury that I had long wanted (along with Goldsmith's Twilight Zone: The Movie, and William's Black Sunday.)

I am incredibly excited to get my hands on that much Miklós Rózsa!

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 7:25 PM   
 By:   AMAFilmScoreFan   (Member)

I was finally able to pick up the The Miklós Rózsa Treasury that I had long wanted (along with Goldsmith's Twilight Zone: The Movie, and William's Black Sunday.)

I am incredibly excited to get my hands on that much Miklós Rózsa!

The Treasury is phenomenal. If you like Rózsa then you'll love it and wonder why you ever waited. If you plan on ripping it, then take a look at the custom artwork thread where others have collected artwork for all of the albums in The Treasury.

Posted:   May 26, 2015 - 8:44 PM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

Overextended credit led to only getting one title, but what a title (at least, if the assemblage of talent is anything to go by): DR. KILDARE.