Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jan 2, 2011 - 4:09 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

Listen to the beginning of the trailer, with the music from Black Stallion.
Anyone hear Goldsmith's EXPLORERS theme there, years BEFORE he wrote it?

Posted:   Jan 13, 2011 - 12:17 AM   
 By:   mildcigar   (Member)

Mild from London, UK reporting.

Has anyone from London still not received the cd yet?

I got order fulfilled notification on 20/12/2010 and still waiting.

Mild

Posted:   Jan 13, 2011 - 3:51 AM   
 By:   steve matthewman   (Member)

My copy not arrived in UK as yet, it was posted 20th December.
I received my copy of 'Flesh & Blood on Tuesday this week, so i would think 'Clash' should be here next week , hopefully !!

Posted:   Jan 13, 2011 - 4:01 AM   

My copy not arrived in UK as yet, it was posted 20th December.
I received my copy of 'Flesh & Blood on Tuesday this week, so i would think 'Clash' should be here next week , hopefully !!

Thanks Steve,

I've ordered the whole bunch so I guess it is still in transit - No need to punch the postman any longer.

Mild.

Posted:   Jan 13, 2011 - 11:05 AM   

Oh my word - IT IS HERE!

Praise the lord.

Pass the cigars and strong lager!

Mild.

Posted:   Jan 13, 2011 - 11:14 AM   
 By:   steve matthewman   (Member)

Glad your discs have arrived !
Mine should be here anytime then, hope you have good evening listening to some great music !

Posted:   Jan 13, 2011 - 5:14 PM   
 By:   Adm Naismith   (Member)

This is an awesome score the really benefits from being expanded.

The previous vinyl and CD releases focused on the 'Main Theme' which I was never that fond of. It sounded kind of juvenile and simple (or like a 2nd-rate Star Wars).
By finally releasing the remaining score the 'Main Theme' is relegated to something of a 'Hero's Theme' and we get to fully hear the drama and the fantasy and romance inherent in the movie.

Sometime you can pick out bits and pieces to create a very nice album presentation of a score. This is one of the times when you really have to hear the whole thing.

I really like the choral sections for Mt. Olympus. What a shame we are only now hearing these for the first time. I also have a new fondness for the 'B' part of the main theme.

This CD release makes me feel like I am hearing this 30 yr old score for the very first time.

Posted:   Jan 13, 2011 - 9:50 PM   

Clash of the Titans - score verdict 10/10. That is my final answer.

Why can't "they" make films with tremendous scores like this any longer?

Mild.

Posted:   Jan 20, 2011 - 6:54 AM   
 By:   John-73   (Member)

Mild.

I just received my copy this morning, and I entirely agree with your sentiments - the music takes you on a journey as exciting and provocative as anything shown in the film. It's a soundtrack which lives and breaths on its own, away from the film - so few scores do that these days. I'm blown away by the sound quality too - I thought the proceeding releases were all very good, but this just sounds so fresh and 'new'.

A titan-sized thank you to Intrada for this release which I've decided is my favourite of 2010 (just beating Trek V). Awsome to have the entire score as well it really benefits from the expansion.

I even love the packaging too - quality! Plus - at last! - one soundtrack label is sending out its releases in a decent cardboard box rather than a jiffy bag. Having to order from the UK it's always a major letdown when CDs arrive with cracked cases, so full marks to Intrada for paying attention here.

- John

Posted:   Jan 20, 2011 - 11:15 AM   
 By:   Redokt64   (Member)

Yes, the release of CLASH OF THE TITANS is most impressive. From the exstensive liner notes and the overall quality of the project. But, most of all, a superb score by Laurence Rosenthal.

In one day in 1981 I went and saw RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK in the early afternoon and drove over to another theater later and saw CLASH. Two pics. Two awesome scores.

Very fond memories of Laurence Rosenthal's majestic score. Thank you Intrada for doing an absolute first rate job at bringing this classic back to us in it's complete form. smile A very happy me...

Needless to say, I will be watching the movie again after posting this (I will pass on the remake-great cast-nothing going on)

Posted:   Mar 16, 2011 - 8:59 PM   
 By:   JohnnyK   (Member)

On the verge of early retirement (my last full day at that droning job is this Friday), I have been distracted for the past many months. And here at the FSM Board I lurk, rarely post anymore. Maybe with more time available I can once again contribute and hobnob with my fellow FSMers. I miss the dialogs with all of you.

Only TODAY do I discover that a title I have lobbied for over the past 10 years actually arrived, and I missed it! Fortunately, SAE seems to have some copies left.

Back in 2002, I posted this Rosenthal tribute. I am so glad he is still among us to witness the outpouring of much-earned appreciation from all of you here:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=9708&forumID=1&archive=1

Posted:   Mar 16, 2011 - 9:05 PM   
 By:   Robert0320   (Member)

On the verge of early retirement (my last full day at that droning job is this Friday), I have been distracted for the past many months. And here at the FSM Board I lurk, rarely post anymore. Maybe with more time available I can once again contribute and hobnob with my fellow FSMers. I miss the dialogs with all of you.

Only TODAY do I discover that a title I have lobbied for over the past 10 years actually arrived, and I missed it! Fortunately, SAE seems to have some copies left.

Back in 2002, I posted this Rosenthal tribute. I am so glad he is still among us to witness the outpouring of much-earned appreciation from all of you here:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=9708&forumID=1&archive=1

Congrats on retiring. I was laid off 2 years ago, sort of early retirement.

Posted:   Mar 17, 2011 - 2:04 AM   
 By:   Dr Lenera   (Member)

Another fantastic release and a great score. Totally different to what Herrmann, for example would have done, but entirely fitting to the film and a great listening experience, with the complexity that you don't often get in scores at the moment [compare it with the remake score-urgh!!]

Posted:   Mar 18, 2011 - 9:49 AM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

Please elaborate on the Herrmann remark.

Posted:   May 12, 2011 - 9:53 AM   
 By:   David-R.   (Member)

So where is the 600x600 copy of the alternate cover? I tried switching to '02' to '01' in the link, but it said '404 not found'.

Posted:   May 12, 2011 - 2:44 PM   
 By:   Shogun   (Member)

So where is the 600x600 copy of the alternate cover? I tried switching to '02' to '01' in the link, but it said '404 not found'.

http://intrada.net/cv6/ClashTitans.jpg

Posted:   May 12, 2011 - 7:24 PM   
 By:   David-R.   (Member)

http://intrada.net/cv6/ClashTitans.jpg

Thanks you kind sir. That helps a whole lot.

Posted:   Nov 10, 2011 - 7:31 AM   

Epic.

Nearly a year old.

Can't believe I'm listening to this. smile

Laurence's sense of adventure and romance were great.

Cheers.

Mild

Posted:   Nov 10, 2011 - 7:46 AM   
 By:   reneintoys   (Member)

mmm... the 1st 1500 copies batch is gone.
better hurry up ordering.

I keep wandering why after almost a year of release this limited to 3000 cd is still around and not sold out yet!

Posted:   Nov 10, 2011 - 8:30 AM   
 By:   Scott H.   (Member)

Alternate cover can be found here:

1400 x 1400 version:
http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?id=207836

All versions:
http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?sort=4&q=clash+of+the+titans+scott+h.&fltr=1&bgc=&page=