Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 11:50 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

U.S. Marshals - Complete!

Just wear a badge and play THE EDGE--it's the same damned thing.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 12:04 PM   
 By:   tyuan   (Member)

Maybe this time from the original STEREO MASTER TAPES and not another tragic multitrack new mix?
And without those annoying crossfades of the first "promo"?
Come on! You can do It Intrada!
And maybe try to locate the stereo master tapes of Fright Night, too. smile

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 12:46 PM   
 By:   Frank Vincent   (Member)

Hopefully the film version of "It's You" is included this time.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 12:54 PM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

There's also an error on the back cover of the 2014 release; Disc 2 track 17 says "Waxing Elizabeth (Chorus)", but the contents of the track is actually "Rame Tep (Chorus)".

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 12:58 PM   
 By:   batman&robin   (Member)

To those who don't like the re-releases, I say "Would you REALLY prefer the possibility of more Richard Band releases in their place?"

Yes, indeed!

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 1:27 PM   
 By:   Zoragoth   (Member)

Monsignor, Son of the Morning Star, Chato's Land, Lawman, Young Sherlock Holmes... hopefully they'll find room amongst all these re-releases of the last few weeks for "Mussonlini: The Untold Story" (Rosenthal).
To those who don't like the re-releases, I say "Would you REALLY prefer the possibility of more Richard Band releases in their place?""

A hearty second on Rosenthal's MUSSOLINI, which I missed in its original release. I've been grooving on Rosenthal lately. In addition to his better known masterpieces (CLASH OF THE TITANS, ISLAND OF DR MOREAU, PETER THE GREAT), have really enjoyed ECHO OF THUNDER, PROUD MEN, and THE FORGOTTEN.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 1:28 PM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

To those who don't like the re-releases, I say "Would you REALLY prefer the possibility of more Richard Band releases in their place?""

Uncalled for.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 1:40 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

In particular if it's 80s/early 90s *orchestral* Richard Band, then I say, SURE BRING IT ON! (Have you listened to any, Basil?)

LOVE the Smetana woodwinds nod in this gorgeous music (which should appeal to any Golden Age fan)...

At least Mussolini was released complete, the last time. If any modern Rosenthal scores deserves a new *expanded* edition along the lines of Son of the Morning Star... it's his brilliant score for the late 80s miniseries version of The Bourne Identity!

Yavar

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 2:06 PM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

What? The two scores have virtually nothing in common!

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 2:07 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

In particular if it's 80s/early 90s *orchestral* Richard Band, then I say, SURE BRING IT ON! (Have you listened to any, Basil?)

"Sorority Row" and, if I remember correctly from my last playing of it years ago, "Mutant", are the only soundtracks of his that I can imagine playing again.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 2:16 PM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

I recall the official release being slightly hissier than the promo. But it's a long while since I heard the promo so it might just be my ears.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 2:53 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

"Sorority Row" and, if I remember correctly from my last playing of it years ago, "Mutant", are the only soundtracks of his that I can imagine playing again.

Never heard The Alchemist then, I guess?

Or his absolutely glorious orchestral finale from The Day Time Ended?

If you like that side of Band, there's actually a good handful (or perhaps even two handfuls) that fit the mold, before he got synthified by lack of budget in the 90s.

Yavar

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 4:01 PM   
 By:   Timothy J. Phlaps   (Member)

I'll take any Richard Band, orchestra or not.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 4:06 PM   
 By:   Zoragoth   (Member)

At least Mussolini was released complete, the last time. If any modern Rosenthal scores deserves a new *expanded* edition along the lines of Son of the Morning Star... it's his brilliant score for the late 80s miniseries version of The Bourne Identity!

Yavar

Great idea, Yavar - I have the Intrada original but would happily taken an expanded release!

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 4:19 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

This is the ' no- crossfades' edition.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 4:20 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

Well,which is it? Orchestra or band?

Posted:   Jul 11, 2019 - 4:22 PM   
 By:   Timothy J. Phlaps   (Member)

Well,which is it? Orchestra or band?

Both.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2019 - 5:08 AM   
 By:   MCurry29   (Member)

IF IT'S REISSUE TIME-

MUSSOLINI- Laurence Rosenthal PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted:   Jul 12, 2019 - 5:31 AM   
 By:   Rick15   (Member)

Wrong thread - go start a nerd war!!

Posted:   Jul 12, 2019 - 5:46 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

Jimbo, you should probably stop spending money on music, because your ears are clearly not operating properly