Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 12:00 AM   
 By:   joseaplaza   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 6:59 AM   
 By:   theMaestraX   (Member)

WoW!

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 10:49 AM   
 By:   Bob DiMucci   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 10:51 AM   
 By:   WagnerAlmighty   (Member)

Spun the Godly Tadlow's rerecording of Quo Vadis (Rozsa) and darn glad I did.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 2:15 PM   

Not available on CD. Mike Post scored this 1984 drama. His score claims three of the ten tracks on this release.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 2:27 PM   
 By:   Frank Vincent   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 2:56 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

The Omega Man or The Omega Man 2.0?

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 5:15 PM   
 By:   John Blankenship   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 7:43 PM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

ATRAGON* - music by AKIRA IFUKUBE

* TOHO Music Corporation (TSFCD-09-10)

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 9:52 PM   

Music by Rudolf Friml and Herbert Stothart. Libretto/lyrics by Otto A. Harbach and Oscar Hammerstein II.

Posted:   Mar 29, 2018 - 9:52 PM   
 By:   tvogt1   (Member)

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 1:02 AM   

Rod Temperton scored this 1986 buddy cop comedy. Temperton performs one song and an instrumental cue, and wrote a number of the other songs among the nine tracks on this release. Temperton was an English songwriter, record producer and musician. He initially made his mark as the keyboardist and main songwriter for the 1970s R&B, funk and disco band Heatwave, whose hit songs included "Boogie Nights" and "Always and Forever". However, he might be best known for writing Michael Jackson's “Rock With You” and “Thriller.”

In 1986, Temperton was nominated for the Best Original Song Oscar for "Miss Celie's Blues (Sister)," which he wrote with Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie for THE COLOR PURPLE (1985). (Richie won the award for "Say You, Say Me", from WHITE NIGHTS.) Temperton was also nominated for Best Original Score along with the 11 other composers, including Jones, who worked on THE COLOR PURPLE's score. Temperton died in 2016 at age 67.

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 6:30 AM   

On youtube and just now discovering John Williams' "Heidi"!!!!

Unfortunately, it seems any full score CD of such is rather pricey...

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 10:13 AM   

I still don't have the full story on this release. SCREAM FOR HELP was a 1984 horror film directed by Michael Winner. Winner had asked guitarist Jimmy Page to write the score for the film, following the collaboration of the two on the score for Winner's 1982 film DEATH WISH II. Due to other commitments by Page, he instead suggested to Winner that he engage John Paul Jones to write the score. Bassist Jones and Page had been band-mates in Led Zeppelin, which had dissolved in 1980.

Winner hired John Paul Jones, but told him that he wanted a full orchestral score for SCREAM FOR HELP. I've sampled the film on YouTube (it's not available on DVD), and I heard nothing but orchestral music on the soundtrack. But this 1985 release by Jones consists entirely of pop/rock/vocal cues. It is not labeled a "soundtrack,' but is called "Music From The Film." I suspect that this album is a reworking of Jones' material for the film into a rock/pop idiom, but I can't confirm that. In any case, this release was his first full-length album release after the break-up of Led Zeppelin.

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 10:40 AM   
 By:   Mr. Jack   (Member)

Terrific sound quality! A steal for five bucks. big grin

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 10:43 AM   

Terrific sound quality! A steal for five bucks. big grin

I was psyched from the first time I heard that CD. Excellent effort, and that really is robbery at that price.

Me:

Received First Knight (LLL) today and am halfway through the first disc. Incredible sound, and a socre I'll be relishing over the years.

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 10:45 AM   
 By:   Frank Vincent   (Member)

Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers (Bruce Broughton)

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 10:55 AM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

The best way to get me to buy an Alex North score - put a David Newman score with it. big grin

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 11:02 AM   

I was psyched from the first time I heard that CD. Excellent effort, and that really is robbery at that price.

I already had the Twilight Time Blu-Ray of the movie w/the isolated score track, but it's always preferable to have an actual CD, and for that price, how could I resist?

Posted:   Mar 30, 2018 - 11:18 AM