Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 5:53 PM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

Finally, since collectors have myriad feelings about chronology and source cues, the safest way to assemble is as-originally-presented.

Ah, but I caught you when you "tweaked" one of the Tiomkin releases and took the players' applause from the end of one particular cue and transferred it to the end of another cue instead :-)

Posted:   Dec 4, 2013 - 10:42 PM   
 By:   Ron Hardcastle   (Member)

Ray: Re your "I think with CD's, it's easy for folks to reprogram their playback." A few months back someone made a comment about reprogramming playback, and I wrote then that I wasn't even aware that CD players still could do that. I remember the very first generation Sony (which was ridiculously expensive for so few features!), but it was still utter magic to so many of us. Later I bought a second generation Sony, just a bit cheaper but fancier, plus you could program it to play in whatever order you wanted (and you could skip some tracks and repeat others). Later they would add the ability to play a track from a certain point to another, such as starting at the 2:13 mark and stopping at 4:22. But I wasn't aware that CD players nowadays were being made with the ability to reprogram the playback order. Of course most of us have our MP3 players, and, as I've already written, I don't hesitate to make playlists in my own preferred order. Indeed, when I added some of "Those Calloways" to my long Max Steiner playlist, I did some slight rearrangement, then squeezed them in between a cue from "A Distant Trumpet" and several from "Gone With The Wind." Once again, I understand the desire of many that soundtracks be arranged in the very same order as the music was heard in the film. It just doesn't matter that much to me.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2013 - 4:30 AM   
 By:   Ray Faiola   (Member)

Ah, but I caught you when you "tweaked" one of the Tiomkin releases and took the players' applause from the end of one particular cue and transferred it to the end of another cue instead :-)

OH! BUSTED!!! big grin You can tell I've been working in Network Television for too long!!!