Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Apr 24, 2017 - 9:26 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

Interesting discovery over the weekend. I was watching a S5 episode of Bonanza, "My Son My Son", which was written by Denne Peticlerc, the man played by Giovanni Ribisi in Papa Hemingway in Cuba and was the writer of 1977's Islands in the Stream. I'll have to investigate Mr. Peticlerc's other film and TV credits.

Posted:   Apr 24, 2017 - 11:47 AM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

And while you're doing that I'm pulling out Gatsby for a full rereading now that the Daniels project is complete.

Posted:   Apr 24, 2017 - 7:14 PM   

And while you're doing that I'm pulling out Gatsby for a full rereading now that the Daniels project is complete.

I'm presently reading The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Posted:   Apr 25, 2017 - 5:30 AM   

Ditto for Allie's baseball glove in Catcher...Rye, another semi-decade reread.

I didn't read Catcher...Rye until I was thirty(!) The whole time I was reading that slim, brick-colored novel I thought, "Where was this book when I was sixteen?!?" Though I most likely avoided it since it was often associated with the pos who murdered John Lennon, which had occurred only a few years before (at the time).

Hope you're (re)enjoying Gatsby, old sport. It's so ridiculously autobiographical (for Scott, not yours truly).

As for Our Man Papa, I am headed to Cayo Hueso tomorrow.

Posted:   Apr 25, 2017 - 11:27 AM   

One of these days I'm going to drive down and meet you there for a drink. It...is...written...

Posted:   Apr 26, 2017 - 5:12 AM   

One of these days I'm going to drive down and meet you there for a drink. It...is...written...

I'll be sure to find us a clean, well-lighted place, old sport.

Posted:   Apr 26, 2017 - 1:16 PM   

wink

Posted:   Apr 26, 2017 - 7:21 PM   
 By:   Mark R. Y.   (Member)

Whenever I read through this thread, I really ought to slap on Goldsmith's Islands in the Stream.

Posted:   Apr 28, 2017 - 2:09 PM   

A snapshot I took yesterday of the swimming pool area at the Hemingway House in Key West, Florida.

Weather: 85 degrees Fahrenheit (feels like 96) with 93% humidity. Lots of brilliant sunshine and a pleasant breeze.

Also added a few things to my Hemingway bookshelf. Will post on that here luego...