Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 10, 2014 - 3:31 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

....... It's all here. Original album was only an hour, and the score tops out at well over two. Much of the new stuff is thematic material that was on the first CD, but here it's much more developed... very much like a Wyatt Earp symphony.

I was hoping this release would cause someone to trade in their "old" ost so i could buy it.

This has indeed happened!
Picked up a used copy for 2$ at Amoeba!

I really like it and 60 minutes seems just right.
But, i STILL have not seen the film. Maybe, after that I will desire a longer version of the score. (still, 3 discs???!!!)
bruce

I think perhaps seeing the film might make you wish for more. It certainly has a ton of music.

Posted:   Jun 11, 2014 - 2:35 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

I was hoping this release would cause someone to trade in their "old" ost so i could buy it.

But, i STILL have not seen the film. Maybe, after that I will desire a longer version of the score. (still, 3 discs???!!!)
bruce

I'm surprised you haven't seen the film Bruce. I only say that because here in the UK it has been on TCM half a dozen times in the past month, and it's also been shown a few times on another channel as well. It seems omnipresent. In fact, I watched the last hour or so just last night!

Good bargain getting that used copy, I find it a really good album to listen to.

Posted:   Jun 11, 2014 - 2:09 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

bruce

I'm surprised you haven't seen the film Bruce. .

Ya know, I look for it all the time in the used dvd bins and it never shows up!!!
Is the dvd oop and htf?

I was one of those who saw TOMBSTONE when they both came out.
But, being a huge western fan I still wante to see this.
Someday, it will be
brm

Posted:   Jun 11, 2014 - 2:11 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

....... It's all here. Original album was only an hour, and the score tops out at well over two. Much of the new stuff is thematic material that was on the first CD, but here it's much more developed... very much like a Wyatt Earp symphony.

II really like it and 60 minutes seems just right.
bruce

I think perhaps seeing the film might make you wish for more. It certainly has a ton of music.

Quality is more important han quantity
smile
brm