Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 1:02 PM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Roger at Intrada has said they're still working on Volunteers and not to give up hope.

Yavar

any update on that?
I don't recall any recent comments on topic of Volunteers. Hopefully it is coming soon, otherwise they would perhaps let us know that the tapes they found turned out to be something else or unusable for whatever reason...

Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 1:52 PM   
 By:   johncutler112003   (Member)

I don't know if its been mentioned but 1492 probably won't see the light of day.

I wonder how likely expanded versions of the Star Wars prequels are now that Disney owns Lucasfilm.

Does Fox still own the music rights to the prequels?

Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 2:07 PM   
 By:   Other Tallguy   (Member)

I don't know if its been mentioned but 1492 probably won't see the light of day.

I wonder how likely expanded versions of the Star Wars prequels are now that Disney owns Lucasfilm.

I think that Lucas held the prequels free and clear. I know Fox has Star Wars. Empire and Jedi I'm muddier on. I don't know for certain how much of those (all?) Lucas had to sell back to Fox to get Empire finished.

Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 3:37 PM   
 By:   barryfan   (Member)

Why no 1492? That's a great score!

Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 3:54 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

BABY BOOM, missing reels. It also looks like the original ROCKY scores won't happen either.frown

Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 5:12 PM   
 By:   Mr. Shark   (Member)

I think the size of the orchestra (and choir) needed would be very expensive. Goldenthal was not known for small orchestra budgets on his "bigger" movies; Shirley Walker even called his methods "wasteful" in an interview.

Any link for that?