Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 27, 2015 - 9:19 PM   
 By:   Richard-W   (Member)

I don't know if THE YOUNG RUNAWAYS (MGM, 1968) with Richard Dreyfuss has been mentioned. I saw the film shortly after it opened. I didn't like it much. Naturally I want to see it again.

Posted:   May 28, 2015 - 9:09 AM   
 By:   Bob DiMucci   (Member)

I don't know if THE YOUNG RUNAWAYS (MGM, 1968) with Richard Dreyfuss has been mentioned. I saw the film shortly after it opened. I didn't like it much. Naturally I want to see it again.

THE YOUNG RUNAWAYS was a Sam Katzman production. Although it hasn't made it into the Warner Archive yet, I'm fairly certain that I saw s showing of it on Turner Classic Movies (or maybe it was Turner Network Television) about 15 years ago.

Posted:   Feb 9, 2016 - 2:08 AM   

Arrow Video in Britain has released a two-disc package containing Russ Meyer's two Hollywood studio films: BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS on Blu-ray and THE SEVEN MINUTES on DVD. This marks the first-ever video release of THE SEVEN MINUTES, which was discussed in a June 22, 2012 posting in this thread. Apparently Arrow has located the complete R-rated 115-minute version of THE SEVEN MINUTES. Even the American Film Institute was unable to uncover an original print, and had to view a 103-minute PG-rated version for their cataloging project. Hopefully, Arrow can make this package available in a Region A / Region 1 format for U.S. audiences.

Posted:   Oct 27, 2016 - 1:33 AM   
 By:   okcray   (Member)

The Cockeyed Cowboys of Calico County (1970)

This film dogged me for YEARS! I remember seeing it as part of a double-bill with PUFINSTUF when I was a kid, but could not remember the title or who starred in it. I only remembered it being a family-friendly western with a saloon gal as part of the plot. Thanks to the Chicago Tribune Archives, I did a search of movie listings and finally found this playing at the Ramova the week of July 31, 1970 (I actually started my search with January of 1971 and went about a year and a half in the wrong direction before finally backing up into 1970). Someone posted this on YouTube and it's definitely the movie I had remembered. Lots of veteran actors in this (Dan Blocker, Nanette Fabray, Mickey Rooney, Wally Cox, Jack Elam, Jack Cassidy, Henry Jones, Jim Backus, and many more). Wouldn't mind seeing Universal dust this one off and give this its first-ever home video release... DVD or Blu-Ray would be most welcome!

Posted:   Oct 27, 2016 - 3:31 AM   

The Cockeyed Cowboys of Calico County (1970)

This Universal film was originally intended, but never shown, as an NBC-TV feature entitled "A Woman for Charlie." Reportedly, it was slightly revised for theatrical release. Lyn Murray scored the film.