Film Score Monthly
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Mar 26, 2015 - 6:55 PM   
 By:   kenisu3000   (Member)

Yeah, OK, that is true. And however things end up, I'm much more concerned over whether the score from the classic series will ever be released, than how the score in the 2017 series will be handled.

Posted:   Mar 26, 2015 - 7:49 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

So, guess what we found out the other day: Apparently not even the surviving original voice cast is going to be in the 2017 series. Disney is going to be giving the cast a complete overhaul.

Have you seen what they are producing today? Both on Disney and Disney XD? It's bug eyed ugly retarded junk. I don't expect the characters to look or sound appealing much less there be an actual orchestral score. I also don't think they want to put out original Duck Tales merchandise (DVD's or music) since they want to promote this new version.

Posted:   Mar 26, 2015 - 11:02 PM   
 By:   Traveling Matt   (Member)

I don't think they're worried much about promotion in spring 2015. I'd guess the odds of a 1987 soundtrack are as good or bad as they were before the new series was announced. I can't imagine a tie-in doing much for our base, other than maybe suggesting an appropriate release date (assuming the old series were lined up in time). It might take until 2017. Perhaps a 30th anniversary edition?

Posted:   Mar 27, 2015 - 1:18 AM   
 By:   KonstantinosZ   (Member)

I remember reading recently somewhere here someone from Intrada said they could do Ducktales, but other projects would interest them more than this at this point.

edit: Oh, it was an earlier post from this thread! big grin
There won't be a release anytime soon. Roger commented on it at Intrada I think last year (I can't seem to locate the post at the moment), saying while it's possible to do, it's just not something they are perusing, and are working on other Disney titles.