Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
This is a comments thread about FSM CD: Dr. Kildare

Posted:   Apr 2, 2009 - 2:26 PM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

I just heard the Bronislau Kaper main title.

Wow! Ecstatic, Eddy Duchin-esque piano behind an orchestra. What fun and what a find!

Posted:   Apr 2, 2009 - 6:18 PM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

I seriously doubt there'll be a three-disc set of Martin Davich's ER music in... (does mental mathematics) ...2052!

Posted:   Jun 21, 2009 - 3:31 PM   
 By:   Eric Paddon   (Member)

Enjoying this very much, especially after sampling a few episodes beforehand! One error in the liner notes though, regarding "Shining Image". Edward Andrews plays Suzanne Pleshette's brother, not Edward Albert.

Posted:   Jan 20, 2013 - 11:01 AM   
 By:   Dorian   (Member)

Anyone else enjoys this set as much as I do? The Goldsmith scores on CD1 are among the best I've ever heard from him. The entire production of this lovely boxset is top-notch.

Posted:   May 3, 2013 - 6:40 PM   
 By:   Eric Paddon   (Member)

Now that Season 1 of the series is out on DVD it gives me a chance to experience the scores for this set in their proper context and to go back and then appreciate them more as they're presented on the CD set. First little disappointment though is to discover there was no room for Jeff Alexander's score for the Season 1 Christmas episode "Season To Be Jolly" which having just seen for the first time tonight, I can now rate as the finest Christmas episode of a TV series I've ever seen next to the great Dragnet "Christmas Story".