Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Apr 20, 2014 - 10:22 PM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

Now that it's warming up in The Bay Area, DavidinBerkeley, any significant sightings?

It's been all over the map, temperature-wise, so I have to be on the lookout.

That said, the hemlines do seem to be rising, so there's hope. Thank you for asking. wink

Now if I can just learn when the local fraternities do their hazing "dares"....

Posted:   Apr 24, 2014 - 2:38 PM   
 By:   Ron Pulliam   (Member)

Whew! I was afraid this thread would be about something unseemly...like regrets for having switched to thongs.

I've often wondered, Ron...is that you in your avatar? Hubba hubba. razz

LOL...just read this.

Yep, that's me circa 1976.

Posted:   Apr 24, 2014 - 2:45 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

I've been doing my part but it is impossible to find short shorts anywhere. The one place I haven't yet looked is the thrift stores but I would have to go to them in the right neighborhood.

I've frequently complained to store clerks that the shortest shorts they sell are down to my knees. I have a pair of really short jean shorts that I made from cutting up some old jeans but they aren't the right material for hot weather.

The stores that do seem to sell them (online) charge $40 for a pair even when they aren't made of much material. What is a guy to do?

Posted:   Apr 24, 2014 - 3:04 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Funny this topic should pop up now. A new pair of shorts is exactly what I'm going to buy tomorrow! I don't like them too short, though. Must cover my knees.

Posted:   Apr 24, 2014 - 3:39 PM   
 By:   Montana Dave   (Member)

Funny this topic should pop up now. A new pair of shorts is exactly what I'm going to buy tomorrow! I don't like them too short, though. Must cover my knees.

"....(shorts) must cover my knees." Those are called 'pants', Thor. Or save your Euros and just pull your existing pants up really high.wink

Posted:   Apr 24, 2014 - 8:26 PM   
 By:   Freejack   (Member)

Yeahh bring on the short shorts... big grin

Posted:   Apr 26, 2014 - 1:07 AM   
 By:   Ron Hardcastle   (Member)

Yeah, I too thought, when I opened this, that it would be about short films. Some of the ones I continue to long to have on DVD include the ballet rehearsal done to the Francois Paillard recording of Pachelbel's Canon, those delightful clips to the bouncy "Hooked on Classics," and a satire on Ingmar Bergman with hilarious subtitles, all of which I have on VHS, but are now needles in haystacks.

As for shorts in men's attire, who ever made the decision to change basketball shorts to those baggy things that hang down practically to one's ankles???

Posted:   Apr 26, 2014 - 1:16 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

After scouring every imaginable store in Oslo yesterday, I did NOT find the shorts I was looking for -- dark, 3/4 cargo shorts. Apparently, that's gone completely out of fashion.

Oh well, guess I have to order online.

I don't look good in regular shorts. I don't have the body for that.