Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Dec 4, 2018 - 1:32 PM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Not officially announced, but a tracklist with titles and timings appeared on the Groove Merchants website.

http://cultbox.co.uk/general/doctor-who-series-11-soundtrack-the-shrine

Here's the tracklist:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bJr8GvKOV79pt1NIMUxEsnIIv_URaG1yku0p5160f5o/edit#gid=0

Looks like a two-disc set, if this information is correct.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2018 - 1:49 PM   
 By:   other tallguy   (Member)

Did... we ever get a series 10?

Posted:   Dec 4, 2018 - 2:39 PM   
 By:   Glenn Butler   (Member)

It's pretty wild to have this happening before series 10, but at least we won't have to wait years for it.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2018 - 2:31 PM   
 By:   spook   (Member)

Worst...season....ever!
... music was quite nice though :-)

Posted:   Dec 5, 2018 - 2:36 PM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Worst...season....ever!

You're joking right? I'm sure there are some classic Who series that could lay claim to that!

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 4:37 AM   

Worst...season....ever!

You're joking right? I'm sure there are some classic Who series that could lay claim to that!

Actually...( for me) I can't remember much worse (and that includes all the dogey Sylvester Macoy and Colin Baker stuff!) Looks great...acting okay...terrible boring stories.
Again..to keep on topic.... quite liked the music. I'm okay with the different approach.

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 6:44 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Ah, music to put me to sleep to at night.

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 7:25 AM   
 By:   other tallguy   (Member)

I'm going to be interested to hear this music standalone. Most of the time it's very unobtrusive. There's a couple of standouts like when she's building her sonic.

As for the season: To all the haters: My wife and kids are watching Doctor Who with me every week for the first time ever.

It's First Season Doctor Who. It's terrific.

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 10:55 AM   
 By:   paulhickling   (Member)

I'm going to be interested to hear this music standalone. Most of the time it's very unobtrusive. There's a couple of standouts like when she's building her sonic.

As for the season: To all the haters: My wife and kids are watching Doctor Who with me every week for the first time ever.

Haters. What a sad term. You know, (to quote the 5th Doctor Peter Davison) there should have been a better way. Deliberately going in with the intention of doing a new series in a certain way and bugger everyone else who isn't onboard is such a unfortunate way to do it.

SOME people could do a new series in a way that actually keeps 50 odd years worth of viewers AND attract new ones. In my opinion Russell T Davies did just that. He knew what made it good in the first place and added his own twist.

The current 'boss' has simply stuck two fingers up at those who might have reservations and said "sod you".

But I am glad for those who LOVE the new series. But my oh my isn't there a real clamp down on any even slightly negative view of all this?

However! One of the best breaths of fresh air is the new composer's scoring. In my OWN opinion Murray Gold waivered a little after the glory days of that first five years, although it was still pretty damn good - after all if he hadn't stayed we wouldn't have gems like Heaven Sent.

But I do like a quieter and more subtle approach too. There are more echoes of what the lovely Dudley Simpson did for so many years here. And I will be listening to this new soundtrack away from what I consider to be a pretty odd production, with some enthusiasm. Much as I will miss Murray.

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 3:12 PM   

Haters. What a sad term. You know, (to quote the 5th Doctor Peter Davison) there should have been a better way. Deliberately going in with the intention of doing a new series in a certain way and bugger everyone else who isn't onboard is such a unfortunate way to do it.

SOME people could do a new series in a way that actually keeps 50 odd years worth of viewers AND attract new ones. In my opinion Russell T Davies did just that. He knew what made it good in the first place and added his own twist.

The current 'boss' has simply stuck two fingers up at those who might have reservations and said "sod you".

But I am glad for those who LOVE the new series. But my oh my isn't there a real clamp down on any even slightly negative view of all this?

However! One of the best breaths of fresh air is the new composer's scoring. In my OWN opinion Murray Gold waivered a little after the glory days of that first five years, although it was still pretty damn good - after all if he hadn't stayed we wouldn't have gems like Heaven Sent.

But I do like a quieter and more subtle approach too. There are more echoes of what the lovely Dudley Simpson did for so many years here. And I will be listening to this new soundtrack away from what I consider to be a pretty odd production, with some enthusiasm. Much as I will miss Murray.

Everything he said. Nicely put Paul.

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 5:45 PM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

This season of Doctor Who is dreadful. Shockingly written and played and only marginally entertaining. Jodie Whittaker doesn't have that magic ingredient that makes a great or even good Doctor.

The music is instantly forgettable. Curious to know if/how it plays away from the show.

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 7:45 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Don't hate the new series, I just find it uninteresting and doesn't fit the bill of "Must See TV". I have four episodes on my DVR. I need to watch at some point in time. But I haven't built up the enthusiasm to do so.