Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 9, 2018 - 4:07 AM   
 By:   spielboy   (Member)

mixed reactions mix?

Posted:   Oct 9, 2018 - 4:37 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

The Mummy got a mixed reaction (read the thread). Mummy Returns....I don't think I saw a single person have a dissenting opinion of those who bought it.

Posted:   Oct 9, 2018 - 5:10 AM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

The Mummy got a mixed reaction (read the thread). Mummy Returns....I don't think I saw a single person have a dissenting opinion of those who bought it.

There were disxussions around the last 20 mins or so sounding different (worse) to the rest. But this was a recording thing rather than a mixing thing.

Posted:   Oct 9, 2018 - 10:50 AM   
 By:   leagolfer   (Member)

There were disxussions around the last 20 mins or so sounding different (worse) to the rest. But this was a recording thing rather than a mixing thing.

I heard about the Mummy not an issue cool, doe I didn't know the problems with BNI, what's wrong with the mixing, if it doesn't effect the sound recording, no biggie.

Posted:   Oct 11, 2018 - 9:53 AM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Mine shipped a couple of days ago, hoping to get it today or tomorrow.
EDIT Arrived today 10-12. More thoughts to follow.

Posted:   Oct 12, 2018 - 8:47 PM   
 By:   Chris Avis   (Member)

Just got mine... anyone notice an abrupt cutoff on track #14? It just stops a few seconds before the orchestra ought to stop playing, like the last few seconds of the track?

Chris

Posted:   Oct 12, 2018 - 8:57 PM   

Just got mine... anyone notice an abrupt cutoff on track #14? It just stops a few seconds before the orchestra ought to stop playing, like the last few seconds of the track?

Chris

I only noticed an issue with ripping the last track of disc 2. It took forever but since it is a mirror of another track on the same disc I am not too worried.

EDIT: No I don't notice any such cutoff on Track 14 either.

Posted:   Oct 12, 2018 - 9:07 PM   
 By:   Chris Avis   (Member)

Chris

I only noticed an issue with ripping the last track of disc 2. It took forever but since it is a mirror of another track on the same disc I am not too worried.

EDIT: No I don't notice any such cutoff on Track 14 either.

Huh... wonder if I got a defective copy

Chris

Posted:   Oct 12, 2018 - 9:39 PM   

Unsure but I can say this score has impressed me and touched me emotionally reminding me of what a giant we lost when we lost Mr. Horner. Though the jazz tracks are a bit outside my comfort zone, there are some lovely melodies that I would have not explored if it was not for this release. I had assumed incorrectly that I had experienced most of the impressive and necessary Horner themes despite missing this lovely score. Thanks to Intrada for releasing this lovely score.

Posted:   Oct 14, 2018 - 3:36 AM   
 By:   Frank Vincent   (Member)

Thrilled to finally have this.