Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 1:40 PM   
 By:   jonathan_little   (Member)

Great to meet you, Ron! Thanks for the fantastic rundown of the experience!

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 3:51 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Thank you so much Ron for sharing such a detailed diary of this once-in-a-lifetime experience!

I'm sad to hear that James seems to think this will be his last project. He's earned the rest several times over, of course, but if it's just a matter of money I'll bet he could try some smaller scale scores on Kickstarter and find success in getting them fully funded rather than only half funded. I know that probably rules out certain things he'd like to do with The War Lord, but I wonder if Night of the Hunter would be more feasible.

Yavar

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 4:37 PM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

Yes, nice report, Ron. Many thanks.

It was good to have met you.

Posted:   Dec 6, 2018 - 6:17 PM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Wonderful summary of the entire event , Ron. Felt like a fly on the wall reading it. Cant wait to see the videos of the sessions when they are ready. smile

Posted:   Dec 13, 2018 - 8:24 AM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

Just got around to reading your take on this Tadlow epic. Thanks, Ron! I am probably one of the very small band who consider KING OF KINGS superior to BEN-HUR. I certainly would have pushed myself to attend this if I had had anything close to the funds needed. Luckily I can live vicariously through you, and the others on the board, who attended this. Great to hear the minutiae of this momentous moment and look forward to probably my most anticipated Tadlow release. All mucho appreciated.

Posted:   Dec 13, 2018 - 8:39 AM   
 By:   Basil Wrathbone   (Member)

From what James has mentioned in the past, if he were to record The Ten Commandments, he would have to wait a certain number of years (I forget how many) after the Intrada release.

That was surely assuming the Intrada release would sound good. But with so many poor-sounding sections patched uncomfortably into the second half of Intrada's score presentation, the need is for James to bring a re-recording FORWARD, not put it back.